This One Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff is filled with hearty ground beef, mushrooms and tender egg noodles in a delicate, yet simple, creamy sauce.
You guys, I can’t help myself. I’m simply obsessed with making your life easier with these tasty ONE PAN dinners. You’re welcome.
Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This hearty Hamburger Helper copycat recipe is way tastier and uses fresh ingredients that make a huge difference in the final dish.
Ingredients Needed for Stroganoff
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this tasty one-pan dinner. As always, you can find the full (printable) recipe in the box below.
- Mushrooms – you can use white or brown mushrooms
- Garlic Powder
- All Purpose Flour
- Dry Sherry Wine – you can also use beef broth as a substitute for the cooking wine
- Beef Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Egg Noodles – we’re using dry egg noodles, and they cook right in the sauce!
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Parsley
How To Make Stroganoff with Ground Beef
Unlike my traditional Beef Stroganoff, this ground beef version does not require searing any bits of steak. Rather, we’re just browning the ground beef and adding a little flour at the end to help build our creamy sauce.
- Start by sautéing the mushrooms in butter and olive oil until nice and tender. Remove the mushrooms and set aside for later.
- Add the ground beef and diced onion to the pan and cook until no longer pink. Drain any fat and return to heat.
- Sprinkle with the flour and paprika and cook just one minute until thickened, then splash in the dry sherry and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Gradually pour in the beef broth and bring to a simmer. Add in the dried egg noodles and cover, until the noodles are nice and tender.
- Finally, stir in the sour cream, parsley and the reserved mushrooms and dinner is ready!
My family LOVES this homemade Hamburger Helper recipe.
It’s super affordable to make and even my pickiest of eaters goes back for seconds.
What To Serve with Ground Beef Stroganoff?
This is one of those meals that we don’t have any problems serving by itself or with a simple side salad. However, if you’re looking to make it more substantial, try any of these sides…
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Any sort of steamed veggie (carrots, broccoli, etc.)
- Caesar Salad
- Homemade Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
How To Make Stroganoff Sauce Creamy?
The secret ingredient that really takes this ground beef stroganoff recipe to the next level is the addition of sour cream right at the end.
If you’re not a fan of sour cream, try using plain greek yogurt. You can also try stirring in 4oz. of cream cheese, but the sauce might end up being a little more thick.
DAIRY FREE OPTION? Can’t have dairy? Try using a dairy-free sour cream substitute instead. You can also use margarine instead of butter when sautéing the mushrooms.
More Hamburger Helper Style Recipes
We’re huge fans of the one-pan dinners here. In fact, I have a whole slew of them up my sleeve for when a busy weeknight sneaks up on us.
All of these tasty ground beef recipes are ready in about 30 minutes!
- Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- One Pan Polka Dot Lasagna
- Easy Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- Philly Cheesesteak Ground Beef Skillet
- Italian Beef and Rice Skillet
Tender mushrooms and egg noodles mingle with ground beef and onions in a creamy sauce that’s to die for.
Give this easy ground beef recipe a try tonight!
Seriously guys, you’re going to love this easy, one skillet dinner!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
One Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, or beef broth
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups dry egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet (that has a lid) and sauté the mushrooms over medium heat, until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet to a plate.
- Return the skillet to the stove top and melt the butter. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic powder and cook until ground beef is broken up and cooked through. Drain any fat and return skillet to stove top.
- Stir in the flour and paprika until thick, about 1 to 2 minutes. Splash the dry sherry into the pan and stir, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking until dry sherry is evaporated.
- Gradually stir in the beef broth, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and add the egg noodles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Stir often until noodles are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Return the mushrooms to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Stir in the sour cream and freshly chopped parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!