One Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff is filled with hearty ground beef, mushrooms and tender egg noodles in a delicate, yet simple sauce.
You guys, I can’t help myself. I’m simply obsessed with making your life easier. You’re welcome.
How am I making your life easier? Well, my brain won’t stop coming up with new and exciting one skillet recipes. I mean, why on earth would we need more than one skillet in our kitchens these days?!?
Ok, maybe that’s a little crazy. After all, what if we want to make TWO, one-skillet dinners at the same time?! Options.
Speaking of options, let’s talk about this One Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff. The base flavors of this simple dish stem from the mushrooms that are sautéed until tender.
We remove the mushrooms from the skillet temporarily to brown some hamburger and onion, then pour in our beef broth and… get this… DRY egg noodles!
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, even the egg noodles get cooked right in the same skillet. Brilliant!
Toss the mushrooms back in (hello flavor!) and let the egg noodles cook until tender.
We’re almost done! All that’s left to do is add in the special ingredient that takes this beef and noodle dinner to the next level.
Stir in a little sour cream to give this dish that extra creaminess. The flavors remind me so much of my Swedish Meatballs and just good ol’ comfort.
Tender mushrooms and egg noodles mingle with ground beef and onions in a creamy sauce that’s to die for.
My kids each asked for seconds on this one, which is a total win in my book!
Seriously guys, you’re going to love this easy, one skillet dinner!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
One Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, or beef broth
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups dry egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet (that has a lid) and sauté the mushrooms over medium heat, until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet to a plate.
- Return the skillet to the stove top and melt the butter. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic powder and cook until ground beef is broken up and cooked through. Drain any fat and return skillet to stove top.
- Stir in the flour and paprika until thick, about 1 to 2 minutes. Splash the dry sherry into the pan and stir, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking until dry sherry is evaporated.
- Gradually stir in the beef broth, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and add the egg noodles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Stir often until noodles are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Return the mushrooms to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Stir in the sour cream and freshly chopped parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!