I know I say this a lot, but seriously… this super easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs is the BEST. RECIPE. EVER.
A couple reasons why this is the best recipe ever –
1. It’s super easy, no fuss, anybody could make this.
2. It’s three ingredients. THREE!!
3. It’s absolutely, undeniably the best spaghetti squash I have ever eaten. Super tender, moist, and flavorful.
So the other day I was browsing Instagram and came across my friend’s photo of her son (who is 3, I believe) seasoning a couple spaghetti squash that were sitting in a crock pot. I was intrigued, so I asked for the recipe.
It’s insanely easy, and of course I asked if I could share it on my blog, and she said YES!
Start by cutting a thoroughly washed spaghetti squash in half and scooping out the seeds and membranes.
Place the spaghetti squash cut side down into the crock pot, then pour in a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. I used just one, but if you like it extra saucy, feel free to use more.
Then toss in some frozen meatballs. I used an Italian style beef meatball, but feel free to adjust that to your liking too. You can even use your own recipe for meatballs if you want!
After 3 hours on high, or 5 hours on low, the squash will be ready. Use some tongs to pull out the squash onto a cutting board, then use a fork to pull out the delicious insides. Discard the shell of the squash.
What’s left in the crock pot is the sauce and meatballs, ready for you to dress your spaghetti squash.
The squash is so tender and moist, and seriously resembles the texture of spaghetti noodles when cooked like this, but as an added bonus – it’s vegetables, NOT carb-riddled pasta, so eat up and enjoy!
UPDATE: Watch the quick video I made on how to make this easy recipe!
Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs
Super tender squash, juicy meatballs and a rich sauce ready in no time!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash, washed
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, your preferred flavor (more if desired)
- 3 cups of frozen meatballs
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half around the middle. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and membranes. Place cut sides down in a large crock pot.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce around the sides of the squash and then place your meat balls around the sides as well.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. Test for doneness by piercing the squash with a fork, if it goes through the skin easily, it is done.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the squash from the crock pot. Use a fork to pull out all the squash, discard the shell.
- Serve with the sauce and meatballs from the crock pot. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4