You know how much I love to take comfort food classics and turn them up a notch? Well, this One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is exactly that!
Everything gets cooked in one pan – pasta, sauce and meatballs! It doesn’t get much easier than this!
I know, I know… spaghetti and meatballs? How many ways do you need to know how to make it, right?
Well, this dish actually came to me out of necessity. Over the summer we spent over 3 weeks on the road in our tiny travel trailer, with a tiny little kitchen.
My kids love spaghetti with meatballs, but with such a tiny space to cook, I had to get creative.
Plus I was hand washing all the dishes, so you know that’s never fun. That’s when I decided to just toss everything in one large pot and let it go.
I used some canned spaghetti sauce, cause that’s always cheap and ready to go! But I infused it with more seasoning and a can of diced tomatoes.
The pasta practically absorbs the sauce and seasonings making this dish extra flavorful without a lot of fuss!
Plus only one pan to clean, so you know this is a dish that’s going into rotation frequently.
And yes, my kids LOVED it! We all did, in fact!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 24 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, Italian seasoned would add great flavor
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 15 to 20 frozen meatballs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except the parmesan cheese) in a large dutch oven or pot (with a lid). Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese on top if desired. Enjoy!