Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – everyone’s favorite comfort food gets a quick and easy makeover!
Hands down, it’s my favorite comfort food of all time! I’ve made this recipe in just one skillet, but of course, I had to make it in my Instant Pot too.
Today, I’ll be sharing with you my lazy-day spaghetti and meatballs that you can whip up without any planning. You know, those nights when you don’t know what to make, but you have hungry people asking what’s for dinner.
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – only 3 main ingredients!
- Meatballs – fresh or frozen. This’s my go-to meatballs recipe. I make a whole bunch at a time and freeze them uncooked for lazy days. But you can use store-bought cooked frozen meatballs too.
- Your favorite pasta sauce. You can use any kind of pasta sauce here. I like mushroom and basil pasta sauce, more flavor with less effort.
- And finally, spaghetti. Any kind you like, whole wheat, regular, anything. I even use penne pasta sometimes, and it works just fine.
Now that you’ve gathered all the ingredients, you just layer everything in your Instant Pot, and set it to cook on high for 10 minutes.
Fair warning here! This doesn’t mean you’ll be serving dinner in 10 minutes. Instant Pot takes some time to build pressure inside, and only then it starts counting the cook time. It could take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes. Not to worry though, delicious dinner will be on the table in no time. Just kick back and relax with a good magazine.
When that timer goes off, do a quick release, so that the pasta won’t overcook. And using a pair of tong, toss everything together and serve!
Yep, it’s that easy. And delicious!!
Sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese and/or fresh basil would be a nice touch too.
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1lb frozen meatballs (I use homemade frozen meatballs, but frozen cooked meatballs will work too.)
- 8oz uncooked spaghetti
- 24oz pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, fresh basil for serving, optional
- Arrange the meatballs in Instant Pot in one layer. Break the spaghetti in half and arrange them over the meatballs.
- Drizzle the olive oil over spaghetti. Pour the pasta sauce and water, making sure spaghetti is completely covered.
- Cover and set the Instant Pot to manual. Set the timer to 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid. Stir in cheese and basil, if using. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Total time includes the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- Serving Size: 4