Making your own Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing is way better than anything store bought. It’s simple and delicious with this quick and easy recipe!
Sometimes you just want to make your own homemade Caesar Salad Dressing because you don’t want to run to the store to buy it. Well, I’m here to tell you, that this recipe is so easy (and flavorful) that you’ll quit buying it and only want to make this from now on.
Caesar Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Mayo – no miracle whip please!
- Plain Greek Yogurt – you can also use sour cream
- Anchovy Paste – key ingredient to get that classic Caesar salad flavor (trust me)
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Caesar Salad Dressing
It’s really quite simple to make homemade Caesar Salad Dressing! Just combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk away!
Using the ingredients listed below, your dressing will be on the thicker side. Everyone has their desired consistency for salad dressing, so all you have to do is add a little water to thin the consistency to your preference.
How Long Does Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing Last?
Caesar Salad Dressing can last up to 14 days in the fridge, when covered tightly. If starting to separate, just give it a good stir or shake before serving.
Is Caesar Dressing Made with Anchovies?
Yes! Those anchovies give this classic dressing that signature “umami” flavor. I’ve skipped the process of mashing down oily anchovies to a paste and opted for the already mashed anchovy paste.
PRO TIP: You can find anchovy paste in the canned meats section of your grocery store (typically by the canned tuna).
What Can I Substitute Anchovies With?
If you’re strictly opposed to using anchovies or anchovy paste, or maybe you just need that Caesar salad dressing NOW and don’t have any anchovies on hand… well, you can still make a modified Caesar dressing without it.
- Try using extra Worcestershire sauce in place of the anchovy paste. This is a great option because Worcestershire sauce actually has anchovies as part of it’s ingredients.
- A few dashes of fish sauce will give it that umami flavor you’re after.
What to Serve with Caesar Dressing
Not only does this Caesar dressing work fantastic on top of a crisp Romaine salad, but it’s also great in these recipes…
- Crispy Chicken Caesar Thighs
- Endive Salad Pita Pockets
- Serve as a dip with fresh cut veggies
- Use as a spread on sandwiches or burgers
- Toss veggies in a little dressing before roasting
More Salad Dressing Recipes To Try
- Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Creamy Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- Creamy Italian Dressing
- Greek Vinaigrette
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients (except water) in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Gradually add water, 1 tbsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Store dressing in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Stir or shake before serving.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: