Cool, creamy and an irresistible fluffy treat, this Pineapple Fluff Salad is an instant hit at parties and potlucks!
This super easy, summer jello salad recipe has pina colada vibes all day long. It’s made with simple ingredients and bursting with bright summery flavors.
Pineapple Fluff Salad
My refreshing and vibrant jello dessert is a perfect blend of sweet pineapple and creamy coconut, for a fun tropical twist. It’s light in texture, with marshmallows to make it airy and pineapple to balance out the sweetness.
What Is Fluff Salad?
Popular in the United States, this “salad” is a fun dessert usually made with a type of fruit, pudding, or jello as a base, and whipped cream or cool whip to make it fluffy. There are many add-ins to make it more flavorful and interesting. Some of the more common ingredients added are sour cream, cottage cheese, nuts, and marshmallows.
Ingredients for Pineapple Fluff Salad
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make Pineapple Fluff Jello Salad. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Crushed Pineapple – canned
- Coconut Cream Pie Pudding Mix – Instant
- Sour Cream – regular or light
- Whipped Topping – such as cool whip
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make Pineapple Fluff Salad
It takes about five minutes to whip up this super quick and easy dessert! It’s definitely a dessert recipe any beginner can handle.
Make the Base
Empty the crushed pineapple in a large bowl (no straining needed) and whisk in the pudding mixes and sour cream until thickened.
Make It Fluffy
Fold in the whipped topping to create a light and fluffy salad. It’s key to add the whipped topping after mixing up the base to keep it airy and light.
Add Texture Ingredients
Finally, gently fold in the marshmallows and pecans. Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve. Enjoy!
How to Store
Store leftover fluff salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Stir the salad again before serving if needed.
Freezing jello salad is not recommended, it would change the consistency of the salad. It’s best to enjoy the whipped salad right away.
What To Serve With Pineapple Fluff Salad
If you need some summer side dish inspiration, I have you covered! This lovely side dish doubles as a dessert and goes well with any bbq or potluck meal.
- BBQ Roasted Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Ultra Juicy Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe
More Summer Fruit Salad Recipes
I have a few favorite summer potluck salad recipes for you to try!
I know you’re going to love this fun fluffy jello salad as much as we do!
Pineapple Fluff Salad
- 20 oz crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 3.4 oz instant coconut cream pie pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Empty the crushed pineapple in a large bowl and whisk in the pudding mixes and sour cream until thickened. Fold in the whipped topping to create a light and fluffy salad.
- Finally, gently fold in the marshmallows and pecans. Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve. Enjoy!