Nothing screams “SPRING!” more than a big bowl of this Ambrosia Fresh Fruit Salad!
If you’ve never experienced an Ambrosia salad before, than you’ve definitely been missing out! Ambrosia is usually a mixture of canned fruits mixed up in a whipped topping. Sometimes you’ll find nuts and/or shredded coconut in there as well.
I wanted to keep things light and fresh with my recipe, so I used loads of fresh strawberries, pineapple and grapes. I also mixed in those tasty mandarin oranges and a handful of mini marshmallows, because I just love how they add sweetness and a delightfully fluffy texture!
When it comes to the creamy topping that everything is mixed up in, I started out with a cup of Yoplait Greek 100 Protein vanilla yogurt.
The newly updated Yoplait Greek 100 Protein yogurts come packed with 14 to 15 grams of protein per serving and are still 100 calories! Now that’s a snack I can definitely get behind!
The creamy texture and tangy vanilla taste of the Yoplait yogurt mixed with the whipped topping is a match made in heaven!
If you wanted to switch up the flavors of yogurt you could totally do that too!
I think it would be delicious with a strawberry or coconut flavored yogurt as well! 🙂
Speaking of coconut, I left out the shredded coconut that’s a typical addition to an Ambrosia salad because I wanted to let the fruits shine.
If you’re a die-hard coconut fan you can definitely toss in some sweetened shredded coconut (I’ll leave measurements in the notes section of the recipe below)!
I made this Ambrosia Fresh Fruit Salad to take to a family gathering and it was the first thing to go! Everyone completely loved it and licked their plates clean!
Here are some more delicious add-ins you can use to make this Ambrosia Fresh Fruit Salad your own:
- one cup of chopped maraschino cherries
- one cup of shredded sweetened coconut
- use red grapes instead of green
- one cup of fresh blueberries
- substitute raspberries for the strawberries for a fun twist!
Luckily it only takes a few minutes to whip this delicious salad up!
Start your Spring off right with a big bowl of this delicious salad.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Ambrosia Fresh Fruit Salad
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 2 cups green grapes, fresh
- 1 15oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 to 2 cups mini marshmallows, fruit flavored or plain
- 1 5.3oz container Yoplait Greek 100 Protein vanilla yogurt
- 1 8oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the strawberries, pineapple, grapes, mandarin oranges and mini marshmallows in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the vanilla yogurt and thawed whipped topping until smooth. Pour mixture into bowl with fruit and toss to combine.
- Chill until ready to serve.
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans