Rocky Road Cheesecake Salad is a fluffy and indulgent dessert salad that’s rich, creamy and topped with chocolate chips, nuts, and marshmallows.
The very first recipe I wanted to share with you all is one of my favorite quick and easy, no-bake desserts. This fluffy rocky road salad is always a winner around the holiday season. I’d say that’s partly due to the fact that it only requires five minutes of your time to make. Simple desserts like this are sometimes the most spectacular!
One thing that I love most about this cheesecake salad is that it tastes very similar to brownie batter! Except it’s much more thick and creamy, and of course no raw eggs to worry about.
My love of things “Rocky Road” takes me back to when I was a kid. It was my dad’s favorite flavor of ice cream, and I still remember sitting on his lap sharing a bowl!
This salad came about because I wanted to re-create all of that amazing rocky road flavor. But, I wanted something that was great for the fall and winter months. Not cold, like ice cream. Something really comforting with a deep chocolate flavor!
Tips for making Rocky Road Cheesecake Salad:
- This can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving. The longer it chills, it will become more “firm” so if you plan to make ahead and serve it later, allow the salad to come to room temperature for about 20 minutes first.
- If you’re serving this later, I recommend stirring the chocolate chips and pecans right into the mixture. The marshmallows should be left off until right before serving.
- This salad is like a very thick and creamy chocolate mousse. Mix on low unless your bowl is deep!
This salad is great eaten with a spoon or served as a dip with graham crackers!
Rocky Road Cheesecake Salad
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 3.9 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl using hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the pudding, milk, and vanilla extract until everything is incorporated. Fold in the Cool Whip (I use the mixer for this step). Fold in the mini marshmallows (if serving immediately), chocolate chips and pecans, reserving a little bit of each for topping.
- Place the cheesecake mixture into a bowl. At this point you may cover the salad and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you're serving immediately, top the cheesecake salad with the reserved marshmallows, chocolate chips, and pecans as desired. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: