Instant Pot Baked Apples are a must-try Fall dessert that only take 3 minutes until cooked to perfection!
How many of you love oven baked apples? They are such a great treat especially in fall and winter. Don’t you think?
They taste amazing but they take a good while to bake. Usually I don’t mind waiting for my cakes or breads to be baked, especially when they are worth the wait – like this Honey Cranberry Bread or Red Wine Chocolate Cake but if I have a choice to make something faster, I definitely go for it!
Believe it or not baked apples are so easy to make in your pressure cooker!
If I was to bake them in my oven I would definitely have to count on 45 minutes baking time (depending on their size). But throw them in your pressure cooker and they are ready in 3 minutes! The best thing is that these Instant Pot baked apples are hassle-free.
You can literally be cooking them while playing with kids outside, or doing shopping and if you come back you will have delicious warm dessert ready waiting for you!
Bear in mind that Instant Pot needs time to build up the pressure which takes about 10 minutes in this case. I like to release the pressure naturally so this also takes about 10-15 minutes. So yes, it’s an extra time BUT you don’t have to be around at all! The pot does it for you!
If you are not a huge fan of soft baked apples, then you’ll want to quick-release the pressure. This will stop them from overcooking.
The filling is a mixture of hazelnuts, dates and ladyfingers!
Yes, I used ladyfingers! Trust me.
By the way, I also made these Instant Pot baked apples with some leftover cookies and we loved both versions. All I did was take one or two cookies and crush them into raisin-size pieces and mixed with the rest of the ingredients. Both are great options!
For this recipe I used honey-crisp apples but you can use any variety you like. The filling mixture is enough to fill 6-8 medium apples. This will also depend on the size of the cavity you make in each apple. I love using a melon baller to make the cavities. It works so well!
If you try these Instant Pot Baked Apples, let me know what you think!
Check out more Instant Pot recipes HERE!
Instant Pot Baked Apples
- In a bowl mix together cinnamon, chopped dated, chopped hazelnuts, brown sugar and crushed ladyfingers/cookies/Graham crackers (this is completely optional).
- Rinse the apples and cut out holes in each one of them. I use a knife and a melon baller.
- Stuff each apple with the cinnamon stuffing. Put a tiny piece of butter on top of each apple and place them in your Instant Pot.
- Pour water inside and throw the rest of the butter in. If you have some leftover filling, add 2-3 teaspoon in as well (optional).
- Cover with the lid and lock. Turn the steam release (venting knob) to “sealed” position.
- Press “Manual” and set the timer to 3 minutes. Press the “Pressure” button and change the pressure to low.
- When the cooking cycle is finished, let the pressure release naturally to get extra tender apples. You can also quick release the pressure which will stop overcooking your apples.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW