This Creamy BLT Pasta Salad with an easy, creamy dressing is perfect for your summer picnics, cookouts and parties!
Hi friends! It’s Kathryn from Family Food on the Table, back with another easy recipe for you.
What says summer more than pasta salad?
It’s endlessly versatile, entirely portable and always a crowd pleaser!
And this creamy BLT pasta salad? Oh yeah, everyone’s gonna be coming back for another scoop. Or two or three 😉
We’ve got carb-alicious pasta, crispy rich bacon, sweet fresh cherry tomatoes, baby spinach leaves and cheddar cheese, plus the creamy, dreamy dressing that coats it all.
Oh, and it takes just 20 minutes to put together. Total win.
You’re going to be throwing more parties just to make this again and again!
A few notes on this recipe:
- I cut my bacon slices in half to fry them up. It helps to fit more in the pan and it helps to cook them more evenly.
- I use cherry tomatoes because they’re available year-round and I’m always craving this salad. You can definitely use fresh summer local tomatoes or heirlooms instead if you can find them.
- You can prep this ahead, but I recommend adding the dressing and bacon when you’re ready to serve. This helps keeps everything fresh and creamy (and the bacon crispy).
- Still, leftovers are great! It’ll keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can add some extra lemon juice to brighten it up, if you’d like.
Hope you give this a try and treat your friends to this BLT pasta salad at your next summer get together. It’s sure to be a hit! (And it would go great with my 5-ingredient cheddar chicken burgers if you want to round out your menu.)
Can’t get enough pasta salad? Yeah, me neither.
If you need some more ideas and inspiration to power you through the summer season, check out Shawn’s avocado Caprese pasta salad and classic Italian pasta salad. Yum and yum!
Have a wonderful weekend!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Creamy BLT pasta salad
For the pasta salad:
- 1 lb. rotini or farfalle pasta, I use whole wheat
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, fresh (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
For the dressing:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain (I use non-fat)
- 2/3 cup milk, I use skim
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, Juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce, optional - see notes
- Extra lemon juice, as needed
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prep the remaining ingredients: cook the bacon, slice the tomatoes, chop the spinach and shred the cheese.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well with a fork, until smooth.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse it with cold water for a minute to cool the pasta. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to your serving bowl and add tomatoes, spinach and cheese. Stir well to combine.
- If ready to serve, pour the dressing over the pasta salad and stir to get everything well coated. Top with bacon and serve.
- If making ahead, store the pasta salad, dressing and bacon separately and mix together when ready to serve.
You can substitute mayonnaise or sour cream for the Greek yogurt if you prefer.