This Chili-Pasta Skillet is a delicious and hearty dinner recipe that’s all prepared in just one skillet!
You guys!! I’m sort of geeking-out right now. One of my all-time favorite magazines has asked me (ME!) to be a guest blogger on their website… Better Homes and Gardens!
Better Homes and FREAKING Gardens!!!!!
*takes calming breath*
No big deal, it’s all good, I’m good… I’m cool.
Ok, so here’s the skinny – they asked me to pick a recipe on their website, give it a little bit of my own personal flare and then share what I did to make it my own on their website. Since I love simple and easy meals I chose their Chili-Pasta Skillet, and gave it a few super-duper simple tweaks.
It’s a one-skillet, ready in less than 20 minutes kind of meal.
My whole family completely devoured this stuff!
You’re going to want to put this one on the menu, for sure.
Do me a favor and jump on over to BHG (we’re friends now, so I can abbreviate their name), check out what I did, say hi, and get the full recipe. You’re going to looooove it.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Chili-Pasta Skillet is a tasty and filling dinner that is made all in one pan!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dried elbow macaroni (2 ounces)
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded marbled cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- In a large skillet cook meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, uncooked macaroni, chile peppers, chili powder, and garlic salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring often. Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle mixture with cheese. Cover and let stand about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Keywords: Chili, pasta, one-skillet