This Chili-Pasta Skillet is a delicious and hearty dinner recipe that’s all prepared in just one skillet!
You guys!! I’m sort of geeking-out right now. One of my all-time favorite magazines has asked me (ME!) to be a guest blogger on their website… Better Homes and Gardens!
Better Homes and FREAKING Gardens!!!!!
*takes calming breath*
No big deal, it’s all good, I’m good… I’m cool.
Ok, so here’s the skinny – they asked me to pick a recipe on their website, give it a little bit of my own personal flare and then share what I did to make it my own on their website. Since I love simple and easy meals I chose their Chili-Pasta Skillet, and gave it a few super-duper simple tweaks.
It’s a one-skillet, ready in less than 20 minutes kind of meal.
My whole family completely devoured this stuff!
You’re going to want to put this one on the menu, for sure.
Do me a favor and jump on over to BHG (we’re friends now, so I can abbreviate their name), check out what I did, say hi, and get the full recipe. You’re going to looooove it.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dried elbow macaroni, 2 ounces
- 1 4oz can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded marbled cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- In a large skillet cook meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, uncooked macaroni, chile peppers, chili powder, and garlic salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring often. Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle mixture with cheese. Cover and let stand about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with the green onions and enjoy!
This looks amazing! And so much better than the BHG version 😉
Is there a way you can give us your recipe written out? I see the BHG recipe and I see where you told us what you added, but is it typed out somewhere accessible?? Thanks!!
Yeah, what Samantha said!!
heather @french press
looks delicious – heading to bhg now!
Thanks Heather! 🙂
Awesome recipe, and an awesome opportunity! Congrats! I will be trying this soon!
Thanks Jeni! 🙂
WOW! Congrats on BHG. One of my favs also.
Thank you MJ! 🙂
Congratulations and Job Well Done!
I think my favorite meals to make are Skillet Meals. Fast, easy & so forgiving if you have to swap out ingredients to use what you have on hand. I’ll be adding zucchini (diced small) because of the abundance from the garden.
Who needs Hamburger Helper when we’ve got Shawn?
Yay for extra zucchini! And HAHA – Hamburger Helper who?! 😉
Joanna (Everyday Made Fresh)
Congratulations!! That is great! Ohhh….I love quick dishes and this looks delicious. I hate that I won’t get to make it because of my daughters allergies, so I may have to make this one night when she spends the night at her friends house!
CAROL AT WILD GOOSE TEA
That is such IMPRESSIVE news. I don’t blame you for having to park on the side of the mental road and center yourself. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is one of a few magazines I actually read.
Liz @ Floating Kitchen
This is fantastic news! I would be freaking out too! Congrats!
Millie | Add A Little
How tasty and comforting!!