Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans are a hearty mix of ground beef, bacon and three types of beans in a tangy, sweet and slightly spicy sauce.
I’m super excited to be partnering with A.1. Sauce to bring you this ultra-comforting side dish recipe! Did you know that A.1. Sauce has been around since 1862?! I think most people associate this bold flavored sauce with steak, but let’s be real… it’s magnificent with chicken, pork and vegetables too!
I love the savory punch that it brings to these simple slow cooker baked beans. You’re going to love it too!
How To Make Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans Recipe
You’ll want to start out by cooking up some bacon until crisp, then set it aside and brown some ground beef and onions in a skillet. This is probably the most laborious step and it literally takes 5 minutes to do. You’re welcome.
Once your beef is browned just toss it along with the beans, A.1. Sauce and other seasonings into the slow cooker.
What Are Cowboy Beans?
Truth be told, I made this recipe to closely replicate a recipe for “Cowboy Beans” I had when I lived in Denver many years ago. This tiny rib shack along a busy highway served THE BEST Cowboy Beans, which were thick, meaty, sweet and savory and had a hefty punch of spice.
The spice was the kind that made your nose run a little, but it paired perfectly with some smokey ribs. Pure heaven.
These steakhouse beans have all the same components, but I tamed the spices WAY down so my kids could eat them. Ha!
What I love best about this recipe is that it’s easily made in the slow cooker, so you can enjoy your day while these hearty beans cook away.
I love to pair these beans with my Instant Pot Baby Back Pork Ribs and a nice green salad. I’d say these beans could even be a meal on their own, but I’m not going to limit you to one or the other.
Homemade Baked Beans Variations
- Try switching out different types of beans to suit your taste
- Use ground turkey in place of ground beef
- Add a diced up jalapeno (with seeds) to bring this up the spice level
You’re going to LOVE these saucy beans!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans
These savory and hearty Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans are a simple side dish or main dish that’s filled with beef, bacon and beans!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- ½ lb. thick cut bacon, cut into pieces
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (15oz) cans chili beans (do not drain)
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
- 2/3 cup A.1. Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup HEINZ Ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Discard all but 2 tbsp of the bacon grease and return skillet to stovetop. Brown the ground beef and onion in the remaining bacon grease until no longer pink and onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef mixture, bacon and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or HIGH for 1 to 2 hours. Stir before serving and enjoy.
Keywords: slow cooker, steakhouse, cowboy, baked beans, easy, bacon
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with A. 1. Sauce. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: