I’m absolutely obsessed with this fresh and flavorful Avocado Caprese Pasta Salad!
There is so much going on inside that pasta salad.
Creamy pasta… check. Plump tomatoes… check. Crisp cucumber… check. Cheesy blobs… check. Ripe California Avocado… double check!!
I love a cool pasta salad on a warm summer day. We’re finally starting to get into some warmer weather, and while I feel like I should have enjoyed the cooler weather a little longer, I’m ready for some heat!
I love when the cooking goes outside. BBQ’s, fire roasting, smoked meats… all accompanied with cold pasta, watermelon, and of course popsicles!
I especially love that summer means peak California Avocado Season!
I enjoy as much avocado as I can. I’m like the Bubba Gump of avocado. I stick that green goodness into everything! You better believe it went fabulously into this fresh pasta salad!
I used my Aunt’s Shrimp Pasta recipe and tweaked it to fit the classic Caprese flavors. Mozzarella, tomato, basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
I love the small Ditalini pasta for pasta salads. They’re so cute and easy to pick up with a fork!
So this dressing that is coating the pasta salad… I tried to infuse it with balsamic vinegar to give it a nice tang, but ended up with a brown mess. It was not very attractive to the eye. And since we eat with our eyes first, I decided to scrap that idea and went with a nice white balsamic vinegar. Perfection!
The creamy pasta is a perfect pair with all the fresh veggies and cheese that’s going on here.
Fresh basil lends to a subtle aromatic flavor, while the drizzle of a balsamic vinegar glaze gives it a nice pop of flavor.
All the colors are so pretty!
You’ll want to put this one on the menu for your next get together!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Avocado Caprese Pasta Salad
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar works too
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp milk, to thin dressing
For the Pasta Salad:
- 1 lb. Ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber slices, quartered
- 1 marinated Mozzarella Balls, 12oz container, drained
- 2 California Avocados, diced
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, fresh (ribboned)
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze, optional
For the dressing:
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add more milk to thin dressing if desired.
For the pasta salad:
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water until the pasta has cooled. Place the drained pasta in a large bowl. Add the dressing and stir to combine.
- Add in the tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella balls, avocado and fresh basil. Gently fold to combine.
- Drizzle the top with the balsamic glaze if desired and season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with California Avocado Commission. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.