Loaded Baked Potato Salad is a quick and easy side dish recipe, perfect for BBQ’s and potlucks!
I must be dreaming of summer because all I can think about it making salads that go perfectly with potlucks and BBQ’s.
This recipe is so simple because it takes on all the flavors of a loaded baked potato!
Sour cream? Check!
Green onions? Check!
I used baby red potatoes for this recipe, but you could also use baby golds.
PRO TIP – Pre-cut the potatoes into equal size pieces and boil in salted water until they are fork tender. Drain the potatoes then dunk in a bowl of ice water until the potatoes have cooled completely. You’ll end up with perfectly tender pieces of potato without any gummy texture.
Toss the potatoes with the dressing and add in some shredded cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper and you’re done!
Personally I think the salad is best when it sits in the fridge for about an hour or two to let the flavors soak into the potatoes, but it can also be served right away if you’re in a pinch for time.
MORE GREAT SALADS TO TRY:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Salad – this one is great for a main dish too!
- Greek Potato Salad
- Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Deli Style Broccoli Cheddar Salad
- Ambrosia Fresh Fruit Salad
You’re going to be making this Loaded Baked Potato Salad all summer long. It’s so easy and so delicious!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 lbs. baby red, or gold potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/3 cup green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 7 to 12 minutes. Before you drain the potatoes, prepare a large bowl filled with ice water. Drain the potatoes, then add the potatoes immediately to the bowl of ice water and let sit until the potatoes have cooled completely. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile add the mayo, sour cream, hot sauce, green onions, bacon, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Gently stir in the potatoes and cheddar cheese until coated and combined.
- Chill salad, covered, in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!