This cool and refreshing Asparagus Pasta Salad recipe is filled with juicy tomatoes, tender-crisp asparagus and purple onion in a light and creamy dressing.
If you’re looking for a light and fresh pasta salad, this is just the one you need!
Asparagus Pasta Salad
All you need is a few basic ingredients to make this easy pasta salad recipe.
Here is what you’ll need in order to make this Asparagus Pasta Salad recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Penne Pasta – or any other short grain pasta (bowtie, shells, etc)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Greek Yogurt – you can swap for sour cream if desired
- Lemons – juice and zest
- Olive Oil
How To Make It
You’re going to be blown away at how quickly this pasta salad comes together.
BOIL PASTA Cook the pasta in boiling water for about 12 minutes, then add in the chopped asparagus for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and run cool water over them and then place in a large bowl.
ADD TOMATOES Next, add the tomatoes and red onion to the bowl.
MAKE DRESSING Combine the dressing ingredients in a small dish and whisk to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.
How To Serve Pasta Salad
Asparagus Pasta Salad is best served when it’s chilled. After you’ve tossed in the dressing, cover and place in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Just before serving you can stir the salad again to make sure it’s all evenly combined.
Prepare this salad up to 24 hours ahead of time.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
There are so many ways to make a pasta salad! Here are a few more of our favorites that I’m sure you’ll enjoy…
I can’t wait for you to give this easy recipe a try! I know you’re going to get rave reviews!
Asparagus Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup purple onion, thinly sliced
- Boil the pasta for 12 minutes then add the cut asparagus to the boiling water. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes and then drain pasta and asparagus in a strainer and run under cold water until pasta and asparagus have cooled. Drain completely and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the tomato and onion and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and pour over pasta. Stir to coat. Serve chilled. Enjoy!