Spring is one of my favorite times of the year! Flowers are in bloom, the grass is turning green again and asparagus is on sale.
Naturally this Asparagus Pasta Salad had to happen and it was so so wonderful!
I guess I love everything about Spring except for one thing. Allergies.
I’m always a wreak when it comes to spring allergies. I have to have a constant supply of tissues and allergy meds or else you can find me in my bed with the covers over my face.
It seems though that once the flowers finally start to bloom and the temperature rises just enough, all of sudden I’m fine. I’m just waiting for that moment to happen.
So until then, I’ll just be inside enjoying the pretty flowers from behind the glass window, eating my bowl of Asparagus Pasta Salad.
This salad is full of deliciousness. It’s a cold pasta salad, which is great for pot lucks and bbq’s!
The dressing is made with greek yogurt and lemon so it’s creamy, tangy and actually pretty healthy too!
We planted asparagus, tomatoes and onions in our garden this year, and I can’t wait till I can pick my own veggies to fill up my salad bowl. But until then, with asparagus being on sale everywhere, I’ll still be making this salad!
I made a big batch of this and it was gone super fast! My kids gobbled it up!Print
Asparagus Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced purple onion
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta for 12 minutes then add the cut asparagus to the boiling water. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes and then drain pasta and asparagus in a strainer and run under cold water until pasta and asparagus have cooled. Drain completely and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the tomato and onion and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and pour over pasta. Stir to coat. Serve chilled. Enjoy!