This tender Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast is a delicious recipe using beef chuck roast and peppers in a luscious brown gravy.
If you’re looking for the easiest pot roast recipe to make, this 5 ingredient roast is what you’re after!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
This delicious pot roast has been around for ages. I love the simplicity of it and how everything cooks in together to create a tender shredded beef in a flavorful self-made gravy.
All you need is 5 simple ingredients to whip up this family favorite dinner recipe. As always, you can find the printable recipe card located at the bottom of the blog post.
- Beef Chuck Roast – anywhere from 3 to 5 pounds should do
- Au Jus Gravy Mix – found in the spice aisle
- Ranch Dressing Mix – found in the spice aisle
- Butter – salted
- Pepperoncini Peppers – find these near the pickles
How To Make It
Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast. Seriously!
ADD INGREDIENTS Start by placing your beef chuck roast in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with the gravy and ranch mix, then add on the butter. Place the peppers all around the beef and on top.
COOK ON LOW Finally, cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours, until the beef is super tender.
SHRED WITH FORKS Once the beef has cooked, use two forks to pull it apart. It should fall apart effortlessly. If not, you need to cook it longer.
How To Serve Mississippi Pot Roast
I believe all pot roast recipes pair very nicely with potatoes. The rich gravy and fatty beef cut very nicely into my Classic Mashed Potatoes.
Here are a few easy vegetable side dishes you could also serve with Pot Roast…
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Zucchini and Squash Casserole
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
What Does Mississippi Pot Roast Taste Like?
Unlike a traditional pot roast, the Mississippi Pot Roast has a tangy and zesty flavor profile. The combination of au jus mix with creamy ranch flavor and pepperoncini peppers make it truly unique.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
This pot roast recipe is very straight forward and so simple to make. That being said, here are some extra tips and suggestions for you, to ensure success every time.
- Don’t add any extra water, broth or juice to the slow cooker. When it all cooks down, there will be enough liquid to create the gravy all on it’s own.
- Remove and discard extra fatty pieces after the roast has cooked down.
- Use a slow cooker liner for quick and easy clean up afterwards.
- Yes, you CAN cook this in the Instant Pot, but there will be changes made to the process and cooking time in order for it to work.
- Swap brown gravy mix for au jus mix? Yes, you can do this but it will change the flavor slightly.
Easy Slow Cooker Chuck Roast Recipes
When utilizing the slow cooker to prepare beef, you’ll be left with super tender, melt-in-your-mouth beef every time. Here are a few of our favorite ways to cook beef or chuck roast in the slow cooker…
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
- Ultra Tender Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Smothered Beef Burritos
- Shredded Beef Nachos
If you like this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast, make sure you check out my Instant Pot Pot Roast recipe too!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- 4 lb. chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 oz ranch seasoning mix, (1 packet)
- 1 oz au jus gravy mix, (1 packet)
- ½ cup butter, salted
- 8 pepperoncini peppers, drained
- Place the chuck roast in the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch seasoning mix and the au jus gravy mix. Top with the butter (no need to slice it). Add the peppers on top of the roast.
- Cook on LOW heat for 8 hours. When ready, carefully shred the beef with two forks. Discard any fatty pieces. Serve over warm mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: