This quick and easy Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus recipe is the perfect side dish to any meal. With just 4 main ingredients, you can have delicious asparagus ready in no time!
That’s definitely the case here. I’m a huge fan of roasting veggies, and asparagus is a family favorite. But when I loaded it up with mozzarella cheese… well, it was an instant hit!
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
I took my Parmesan Roasted Asparagus Recipe and tweaked it ever so slightly to create this cheesy masterpiece.
Ingredients Needed For Cheesy Asparagus
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this simple recipe. As always, you can find the printable version of the recipe in the recipe card below.
- Asparagus – fresh is best
- Olive Oil – or you can use avocado oil
- Garlic – minced
- Salt & Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese – freshly shredded is best, but you can also use store bought shredded.
How To Roast Asparagus With Cheese
This recipe is so simple, you’ll be making it non-stop. BONUS – it’s great with all sorts of veggies!
- TRIM AND WASH Find the natural breaking point of the asparagus and trim off the woody ends, then rinse under cool water and pat dry.
- SEASON Arrange the asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet, so they are separated slightly (see notes below). Drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic, salt and pepper, rubbing them to coat evenly.
- ROAST Crank your oven to a hot 415 degrees F. and roast the asparagus for about 10 to 15 minutes, until they’re a bright green and crisp-tender.
- BROIL Quickly top the asparagus with plenty of mozzarella cheese and pop under your oven’s top broiler for just a few minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
PRO TIP: Try this same cook method with veggies like broccoli, green beans and zucchini!
Watch Video – Cheesy Roasted Asparagus Recipe:
Tips For Roasting Vegetables
I’m a big fan of roasted veggies. In fact, we probably roast veggies at least 3 to 4 times per week in this house. Here are my top tips to make sure you’re doing it correctly, and getting the most out of your vegetables.
- High Temperature – Make sure your oven is pre-heated to a nice high temp. I like 415 degrees F. for more delicate veggies and 425 degrees F. for more hearty veggies (broccoli, cauliflower).
- Not Too Much Oil – A common mistake most people make is to use too much oil, which will result in soggy veggies. Use oil sparingly, and just enough to coat the veggies.
- Space It Out – To avoid steaming your veggies, make sure you don’t overcrowd your pan. Give them plenty of room to let air get around the sides.
More Asparagus Recipes To Try
You gotta love asparagus and how versatile it is! I love using it for breakfast, salads, stir fries and even veggie fries! Here are some fantastic ways to use Asparagus…
- Spinach Asparagus Frittata
- Cool and Creamy Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Air Fryer Asparagus Fries
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
My Favorite Roasting Pans
I get asked all the time about which pans I use for roasting veggies, chicken, or sheet-pan meals.
I love these Nordic Ware Sheet Pans (affiliate link) because they have ridges in the bottom of the pan that help air to circulate underneath food and give an even roasting experience. Plus they’re strong and sturdy and don’t warp under high heats. I’ve had them for years now and they still work great.
I can’t wait for you to give this easy recipe a try! I know you’ll love it!
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 lb. Asparagus, fresh and trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, dull side facing up. Trim asparagus of woody ends and rinse with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle oil over asparagus and season with garlic, salt and pepper, using clean hands to massage all over the asparagus. Arrange the asparagus on the baking sheet, leaving room between the stalks if possible.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus, until they are crisp-tender, and a bright green color. Remove from oven and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Turn the oven's broiler to high, and return asparagus to oven. Watch closely, and let cook for just 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: