These quick and easy Air Fryer Asparagus Fries are perfect for an appetizer or side dish!
The more and more that I play around with my Air Fryer, the more and more I’m loving it.
Take these deliciously crispy Asparagus Fries for example. It took me just a few minutes to coat the asparagus spears in flour, dip in some eggs and roll around in breadcrumbs, then off they went into my air fryer for just a few minutes.
Air Fryer Asparagus Fries Recipe:
- Start by washing your asparagus in water and giving them a quick pat dry. Roll them around in some all purpose flour to coat.
- Dip the asparagus into some beaten eggs, then roll around in some seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Place the asparagus fries into your air fryer in a single layer and cook just 7 minutes!
How To Cook Asparagus Fries in the Air Fryer:
- You’ll want to make sure your asparagus is in an even layer in the air fryer, leaving just enough room between the spears so they don’t touch.
- No need to spray them with oil, they will get nice and crispy in the air fryer on their own.
- My air fryer runs at 1800 watts, then I set the temperature to 400 degrees F and the timer to 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove asparagus fries with tongs as they will be very hot. Enjoy right away for best texture and taste.
Can I use my oven instead of an Air Fryer?
- Yes! If you haven’t purchased an air fryer yet, you can definitely make these in the oven instead.
- Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet and place the asparagus fries on top of the cooling rack.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spritz the asparagus with non-stick spray and bake for 20 minutes, until the asparagus is crisp on the outside.
- Rotate the asparagus halfway through cooking for best texture.
- Try these Parmesan Roasted Asparagus for another delicious side dish!
I seriously could not stop eating these delicious little fries! It may sound weird, but I did dip them in ketchup, which was pretty good. But then I made a quick fry sauce, which I think was even better.
Asparagus Fries Dipping Sauce Ideas:
- Quick Fry Sauce: equal parts ketchup and mayo, plus a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce!
- Garlic Mayo: 1/4 cup mayo, plus 1 tsp garlic salt, a small squeeze of lemon juice and black pepper to taste.
- Ranch dressing!
- Can’t go wrong with just plain ol’ ketchup either.
You’re going to LOVE these crispy little Air Fryer Asparagus Fries!
Air Fryer Asparagus Fries
- Rinse the asparagus spears with water and pat dry. Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow dish that's big enough to fit the asparagus spears.
- Roll the asparagus spears in the flour, then dip in the lightly beaten eggs, then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the coated spears to the tray of your air fryer and place in an even layer, making sure to leave space between each spear. If you have two racks that fit in the air fryer, you can use both racks to make more per batch.
- Set the air fryer to (1800 watts) 400 degrees F, for 7 minutes. Use tongs to remove asparagus from air fryer and enjoy right away.
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: