This easy oven Roasted Turkey Breast is seasoned with fresh herbs, garlic and lemons while being ultra juicy throughout.
Perfect for an easy Sunday supper, yet elegant enough to be the main event for a small scale Thanksgiving dinner.
Roasted Turkey Breast
When you’re not needing a full turkey, a turkey breast is a great option. With this simple recipe you’ll have a juicy turkey breast that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Here’s what you’ll need in order to make this juicy turkey breast. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Turkey Breast – with skin on and bone-in.
- Butter – use salted butter
- Lemon – cut in half
- Garlic – the whole clove, with paper still on
- White Wine
- Thyme – use fresh for best flavor
How To Oven Roast a Turkey Breast
In order to get that juicy bird just right, make sure you follow the directions! Using a probe thermometer will help give you an accurate reading on the internal temperature of the roasted turkey breast, making sure you don’t over cook and dry out the breast.
Similar to how I cook my Oven Baked Chicken Breast, we’re going to crank up that heat on the oven to help give the outside a good sear and lock in those juices.
BUTTER THE SKIN Carefully get under the skin of the turkey breast with your fingers, creating a pocket. Spread half of the softened butter under the skin and press it around, to get all over. Then, with the remaining butter spread it all over the top of the turkey breast.
SEASON Season the turkey breast with salt and pepper, as well as the fresh thyme. Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the top of the turkey breast and place the squeezed lemon in the bottom of the roasting pan along with the garlic and white wine.
ROAST Cook the turkey breast at 400 degrees F. The skin should brown nicely. If the top is getting too dark, lightly cover with foil until the turkey is finished cooking.
What Temperature to Cook Turkey Breast
The turkey breast should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. to be considered safe to eat. I like to remove the turkey breast from the oven when it reaches about 160 degrees F.
Leave the turkey breast in the hot roasting pan and cover with foil. Let the turkey rest for about 15 minutes and the temperature should continue to rise, while not over cooking. The results will be a tender and juicy turkey breast!
Can I Make Gravy?
YES! I love using the pan drippings from this roasted turkey breast to make a tasty gravy. Simply strain the drippings through a mesh sieve and scoop out any excess fat.
This drippings separator is great for making the tastiest gravy.
TO MAKE GRAVY Start by making a simple roux with 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp all purpose flour. Whisk together in a pan, then gradually whisk in the pan drippings. Add more chicken broth as desired to reach a consistency you like. Taste and season with any additional salt and pepper if needed.
More Ways To Cook Turkey Breast
Need extra room in the oven? No problem! Here are a couple more easy ways to cook a turkey breast!
I can’t wait for you to give this delicious recipe a whirl! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Roasted Turkey Breast
- 2.5 lb bone-in turkey breast half, skin on
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ lemon
- ½ head of garlic, crushed with paper on
- 1 cup white wine
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse and pat dry the turkey breast. With your fingers, carefully separate skin from the turkey meat and spread half of the butter under the skin.
- Spread the rest of the butter on top of the skin. Place turkey breast in a roasting pan and season with kosher salt and pepper. Pour wine over breast, then squeeze juice from the lemon over the breast and then add to pan with the garlic. Top the breast with thyme sprigs.
- Roast turkey until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the breast reaches 160 degrees, or for about 30-35 minutes. Leave in pan, cover and rest for at least 15 minutes and then slice turkey as needed.
- Reserve pan drippings for gravy if desired.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW