This super easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast results in an ultra juicy breast in a fraction of the time!
A couple weeks ago I finally broke down and purchased myself an Air Fryer. I was hesitant for a long time, thinking I didn’t need this extra small appliance on my counter, but boy was I wrong!
I’m in LOVE with my air fryer!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast:
The first thing I decided to cook in my air fryer was a turkey breast. I wanted to see if the fryer was up for the challenge and if it really made much of a difference. I purchased this 6 quart Air Fryer because I wanted the basket to be big enough to feed my family of 7.
I was able to fit a 7.5lb bone-in turkey breast into my 6 quart air fryer. This was basically a small bird without it’s wings or legs. You can also buy bone-in turkey breasts that are single and not the whole breast bone.
The first thing I did was to make sure that my turkey breast was completely thawed. This can take a few days in the fridge, so make sure you plan ahead.
Second thing I did was to brine my turkey breast for at least 18 hours.
How To Brine a Turkey Breast:
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil and add 1/2 cup of salt. Stir until the salt is dissolved into the water.
- Let the hot water cool to room temperature.
- Place your turkey breast, cavity side up in a large stock pot (make sure it’s big enough to allow the turkey to be completely submerged).
- Pour the salted water into the pot, then cover the rest of the bird with cool water.
- Add in your favorite seasonings, cover and place in fridge for 18 to 24 hours.
Remove the turkey breast from the pot and rinse under cool water. Use paper towels to pat dry the turkey breast and then season the outside with garlic powder and black pepper.
We don’t need to season with any salt since the salt from the brining will give the bird plenty of salt.
Combine softened butter with some herbs and seasonings and then carefully lift the skin from the breast and spread the butter mixture underneath the skin.
Now all that’s left to do is place the turkey into the air fryer!
How Long Do You Cook Turkey Breast In Air Fryer?
- As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to cook your turkey for about 12 minutes per pound.
- Start by placing the turkey breast in the air fryer, breast side down for about half the time it would take to fully cook.
- After the halfway mark, you’ll flip the turkey breast over and cover the top with foil.
- Continue cooking until you have just 10 minutes left. Remove the foil and finish cooking so the breast meat gets a nice golden brown.
- Always test the temperature of the meat to ensure that it’s been fully cooked to 165 degrees F.
Remove the turkey from the air fryer and loosely tent with foil for about 10 to 15 minutes. This will give the turkey time to evenly distribute the juices throughout the meat.
The skin of the turkey breast is nice and crispy, and there was ZERO oil added to the fryer!
I’ve made this turkey breast twice now and every time I am still so in shock at how easy it is and how delicious it is.
I serve the breast meat for our meal, then pick the rest of the meat off the bones to use later in the week for things like Turkey Noodle Soup, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, or tossing into Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole.
I can’t wait for you to try this super easy recipe!
Do you have an air fryer yet?
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 7 lb. bone-in, skin on turkey breast
For the Brine:
For the Brine:
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil and add the salt. Stir until the salt is dissolved fully. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place the turkey breast into a large stock pot so the cavity of the bird is facing up. Place the remaining brine ingredients into the pot with the bird and cover with the salted water. Fill with extra cool water until the bird is completely submerged.
- Cover the pot with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 18 to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook the bird, remove from the pot and rinse bird with clean water. Pat dry with paper towels.
For the Turkey Breast:
- Combine the softened butter, black pepper, garlic powder, thyme and oregano in a bowl until mixed evenly. Carefully pull up on the skin of the breast and work the butter in, between the breast and the skin. Season the outside of the breast with extra black pepper and garlic powder if desired.
- Preheat your Air Fryer for at least 5 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Place the turkey breast in the air fryer with the breast side down. Let cook for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Flip turkey breast over and cover the top of the breast with foil. Continue cooking an additional 35 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes, until turkey breast is golden brown and an instant read thermometer in the thickest portion of the breast reads 165 degrees F.
- Remove from air fryer and cover loosely with foil for 10 to 15 minutes, until ready to slice. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: