This Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
So let’s face it, I’m a fan of cheese, chicken and potatoes.
I can’t help myself. It’s serious comfort food, and for some reason, I’m needing a lot of comfort in my life.
Enter this casserole.
This dinner casserole is very similar to my recipe for Casserole Potatoes, only those are typically a side dish (unless you’re eating leftovers for breakfast, but that’s a different story), while this casserole boasts peppers, onions and chicken.
You could also just leave the chicken out and this would make one heck of a side dish too.
It really is so simple to make. I used a bag of frozen diced potatoes with peppers and onions, mixed it with some cheese, sour cream and cream of chicken soup with herbs.
Make sure you get the soup with the herbs. It really takes this casserole to the next level. So good!
Stir it all up and place it into your casserole dish!
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than that!
I topped it with some crushed croutons before baking, like I do in my Tuna Noodle Skillet Casserole, and it was the perfect crunchy topping.
For a touch of fancy, you can garnish with fresh thyme. I’m kind of obsessed with fresh thyme.
It’s not necessary, but it sure makes it pretty and tasty!
My whole family loved this super simple and cheesy dinner. I know you’ll love it too!
Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole
- 1 condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs, 10 3/4 oz can
- 1 sour cream, 8 oz container
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers, frozen diced 28 oz package, thawed
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup croutons, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- thyme, fresh (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the condensed soup and sour cream, whisk until smooth. Add in the cheese, hash brown potatoes and chicken. Stir until combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine the crushed croutons with the melted butter and sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 50 minutes or until heated through and center is bubbly. Garnish with fresh thyme. Enjoy!