These Fudge Ripple Pecan Brownies are a snap to make. With a fudgy brownie base, that’s filled with extra chocolate and toasted pecans and then topped with a silky caramel, more pecans and a drizzle of chocolate, these brownies are impossible to resist.
You know what is the worst?
Being a mom and getting sick.
I don’t think it should be allowed. Is there a way we can outlaw it? Or instill some sort of law that when a mom does happen to get sick, their kids are taken to a professional nanny caring place for the duration of said sickness?
Last week I went up north with my friend Amanda for a ski getaway while my husband watched the kids at home.
It was so much fun until I got the black plague.
Ok, maybe not the black plague, but a really bad chest cold. I had to hang up my skis early and lay in bed all day. I almost attempted getting an early return flight until I realized I would have to come home and help take care of 4 kids. Then I decided to be brave and tough it out in the condo rental.
I don’t get sick often, so when it does happen I think it hits me full force.
I’m going on a week now of this coughing, headache, ear ache and it’s just no fun.
I came home and my kids have been really sweet, but there are still things they demand out of me. Like dinner. And dessert.
Always a dessert.
Luckily I have tricks up my sleeve like these modified box brownies.
I took a fudge brownie mix and gave it a little extra love with some toasted pecans, caramel and extra chocolate.
So even though I’m still heavily medicated on NyQuil, Tylenol, Airborne, Robitussin, Advil and cough drops, my kids still love me because I can give them extra fancy desserts like these brownies.
It’s the little things.
These tender, fudge brownies are insane good, guys!
Sick or not, you’re going to really enjoy them. The chewy caramel layer on top really takes these brownies to the next level.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Fudge Ripple Pecan Brownies
- 1 Fudge Brownie Mix , 18 oz box (plus oil, water and eggs needed to prepare)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 20 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8" baking pan with tin foil so that it goes up and over the sides of the pan. Lightly coat with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine the necessary ingredients to prepare the box mix brownies in a medium bowl, stir until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile combine the caramels and milk in a glass or metal bowl large enough to rest on top of a small saucepan filled with 1 inch of water. Bring water to a boil and place bowl on top. Stir until caramels are smooth. Pour over the brownies and then sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Place the remaining chocolate chips in a clean bowl and place over the simmering water again. Stir until smooth and then drizzle over the caramel brownies. Let stand for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW