This Caramel Pecan Pie is a delicious rendition of the classic pecan pie, but filled with sweet caramels and toasted pecans!
If you’re a fan of pecan pie, you have to try this delicious caramel version!
Instead of using corn syrup, this recipe uses those delightfully chewy wrapped caramels to create a luscious pecan pie filling that’s to die for.
I’m so ready for pie season. I love when I can just spend the day baking up pies, and oh boy do I have some new and delicious pies coming your way this season!
Tips for making the Best Pies:
- Always start with the BEST pie crust!
- Use top quality ingredients like real butter and make sure it’s COLD!
- Add more flavor to your pecan pie by toasting the pecans prior to adding them.
- Have your kids unwrap the caramels to save your sanity.
This Caramel Pecan Pie has been around on my site since November of 2011, but I figured since most of you weren’t following my blog way back then that I’d take new photos and share it again!
Because when something is this good, it just needs to be shared.
How To Make Caramel Pecan Pie
What I love about this pie is how easy it is to make! All you need to do is create a silky smooth caramel sauce, which we start with caramels… so it’s not difficult. Then we whisk that in with some eggs, flour and vanilla and fold in the pecans!
You’ll start the oven at a higher temperature to create that caramelized top layer of the pie, then you’ll lower the temperature and finish baking until the pie has set.
If your crust begins to brown too quickly, loosely place some tinfoil around the edges and continue baking.
The finished result is a delightfully sliceable pecan pie that has hints of caramel and that trusted pecan pie flavor.
This would be the perfect time to drizzle that Instant Pot Dulce de Leche over the top!
You’re going to LOVE this delicious holiday pie!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Caramel Pecan Pie
- 1 unbaked 9inch pie crust
- 36 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups Pecan Halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine caramels, butter, and milk. Stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour. Slowly add the caramel mixture a little at a time (being careful not to scramble the eggs), and whisk until it’s all blended. Stir in the pecans and pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes. Serve slightly warm with ice cream, or whip cream. Divine!
recipe adapted from Pecan Pie Recipes
Originally published 11/17/2011. Updated on 9/29/2017.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!