These festive White Chocolate Cherry Fudge Brownies feature three layers of deliciousness: a rich brownie base, a white chocolate cherry fudge center, and a layer of dark chocolate ganache on top!
These last couple months of year are my favorite time of year!!
Of course as a major foodie, the last two months of the year are always centered around food. So I naturally love these months. I’m always searching for the next best thing to include on my Christmas cookie plate, and these brownies are definitely making the cut.
I took your basic boxed brownie mix and made it in an 8″ x 8″ pan and then topped it with a simple white chocolate fudge that I infused with red glace cherries. You know, the cherries you find in fruit cake?
Except these brownies are far better than any fruit cake you’ve ever tasted.
They’re rich, and fudgy, and topped with a decadent dark chocolate ganache. If you’re not a dark chocolate fan, go with a semi-sweet chocolate instead. You’ll be surprised at how quickly these disappear!
I think I need to go grab another bite of these right now.
White Chocolate Cherry Fudge Brownies
- 1 18.4oz box brownie mix, including ingredients needed to prepare
- 1 10oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups premium white chocolates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped glace red cherries
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Prepare the brownies in an 8" x 8" x 2" parchment lined baking pan, according to package instructions. Let the brownies cool in the pan.
For the Fudge:
- Bring a small pot filled with 1 inch of water to a boil. Place a metal or glass bowl over the pot, so it's resting just above the water. Add the sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate, vanilla and salt and whisk until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and fold in the cherries. Pour the mixture evenly over the brownies and let sit until room temperature. Place the fudge topped brownies in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or until set.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Bring the same small pot of water to a boil and use a clean metal or glass bowl to fit on top (without touching the water). Add the bittersweet chocolates, butter and cream to the bowl and whisk until smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and let sit on the counter for 10 to 15 minutes. Pour over the fudge brownies and spread into an even layer. Return to the fridge and chill for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- To slice brownies, simply lift out of the pan by holding onto the parchment paper and lifting up. Use a sharp knife to make even slices. Enjoy!