This Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe is classic comfort food made easy and right in one skillet!
Pair this delicious dinner with a classic green salad or some garlic breadsticks for a complete meal.
There are quite a few dishes from my childhood that I look back on and remember fondly.
Tuna Noodle Casserole was one of them. My mom would make it often, and now that I’m a mom, I too make it often.
Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
What I love most about this easy spin on the classic tuna noodle casserole recipe is that it uses basic pantry ingredients as well as frozen veggies. It’s a meal I can whip up in no time!
Ingredients Needed –
Here’s what you’ll need to make this one pan tuna noodle casserole from scratch. You can find the exact amounts listed in the recipe card below.
- Diced Onion
- Chicken Broth
- Egg Noodles
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Canned Tuna
- Marbled Cheddar Cheese
- Crushed Croutons
How To Make Tuna Casserole From Scratch
You’ll be shocked at how quickly this whole recipe comes together!
- Start by sautéing some onion in the pan until it’s nice and tender.
- Add in the chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the egg noodles and frozen peas and carrots, then bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until the noodles are tender.
- Flake the tuna and gently fold into the pasta. Cover with the shredded cheese then let simmer with the lid on until the cheese is melted and tuna is heated through.
- Finally, crush up the croutons and sprinkle over the top!
Better Than Mom’s Tuna Casserole
What I love about this super quick and easy weeknight dinner, is that I’ve taken that classic casserole and turned it into a one skillet meal!
The noodles are cooked right in the creamy broth, resulting in an extra creamy base.
It’s like you’re mom’s casserole… only better!
What To Serve With Tuna Noodle Casserole
Easy Topping For Casseroles
Also… that crispy and garlic infused topping? Crushed up croutons!!
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than this!
If you’re like me, you probably already have the majority of these ingredients hanging out in your pantry!
More Easy Comforting Casserole Recipes
Ready for more deliciousness in your life? These are some of my favorite comforting casseroles made quickly and easily, for a yummy family dinner.
- Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Chicken Potato Casserole
- Quick Chicken Tamale Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
You’re going to love this quick and easy take on the classic Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe!
Tuna Noodle Skillet Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth, or water
- 8 oz. egg noodles, 4 cups
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups carrots and peas, frozen
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. can white tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup marbled cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup garlic croutons, crushed
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Saute onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth (or water) and soup and whisk until combined. Stir in the egg noodles and frozen vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a small boil and then reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the noodles are tender and the sauce has reduced, about 20 minutes.
- Flake the tuna with a fork and gently fold into the pasta. Top the pasta with the cheese and simmer, covered until cheese melts and tuna is heated through.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the crushed croutons and serve. Enjoy!