This Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe is the perfect way to transition from Christmas into the New Year!
This comforting casserole is filled with all the classic flavors of a chicken noodle soup, but made in a 9×13 and topped with a crispy topping. I made this recipe for Pillsbury’s website not too long ago, and when I served it to my family they gobbled it up!
I really love how quickly it all came together. Just 15 minutes of prep and the casserole is ready to bake!
Heaven knows we could use a little bit of easy this week, am I right?
How was your Christmas? Did you make anything really amazing? Stick to the classics? Or did you go visit family and friends and didn’t have to make a thing?
I made Prime Rib for the first time and it was outstanding! I served it with my Casserole Potatoes, steamed brussel sprouts, Homemade Rolls and a pumpkin pie for dessert. It was a classic yet totally epic Christmas dinner. I’m still stuffed.
And yet, for some reason my family will still wants more dinners… sheesh! Do they ever give up?!
That’s why I love this cheesy casserole. It’s filled with simple things and isn’t complicated to make, yet my family still beams with happiness whenever they eat it.
While the casserole is baking you can make a salad to go with it, but really, this is one of those all-in-one casseroles where it hits all of the major food groups.
Delicious… double check.
You really can’t go wrong with this one!
Maybe you have some leftover turkey from last night? Toss that in here in place of the chicken!
This would also work great with leftover ham! Man… this casserole is amazing!
You’re going to love this one, I just know it!
Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 12 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10 oz each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Progresso™ Bread Crumbs Garlic and Herb
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain 12 oz egg noodles as directed on package; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix 4 cups chopped cooked chicken, 2 cans (10 oz each) cream of chicken soup, 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz) and 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables. Add cooked noodles; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly in baking dish. Top with 1 cup Progresso™ Bread Crumbs Garlic and Herb. Lightly spray top with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is bubbly and heated through.
Use equal amounts chopped ham or turkey in place of the chicken.
This casserole is freezer friendly! Just cover tightly and freeze before adding bread crumbs. To reheat, bake until bubbly in center, then add the bread crumbs, spray with cooking spray, and bake until topping is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 8
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!