This Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe is filled with the classic comforts of creamy chicken noodle soup, but in a delicious casserole form.
This comforting casserole is filled with all the classic flavors of a chicken noodle soup, but made in a 9×13 and topped with a crispy topping.
I really love how quickly it all came together. Just 15 minutes of prep and the casserole is ready to bake!
How Do You Make Chicken Noodle Casserole?
- To make this super easy casserole dish, all you need to do is boil 12 oz. of egg noodles until they’re tender.
- Meanwhile combine some cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies, sour cream and cheese in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Add in the cooked egg noodles and spread the mixture into a greased 9×13″ casserole dish.
- Top with some bread crumbs before baking at 350 degrees F.
Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe Variations:
The nice thing about this recipe is that it’s very basic (but very delicious), meaning it opens itself up to easy variations to take it to the next level.
- Swap out the chicken with TUNA for an easy Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe!
- Try using cream of chicken with herbs to give the dish an added boost of flavor.
- Instead of breadcrumbs on top, try using crushed up potato chips, panko bread crumbs, or crushed garlic croutons.
- Use your favorite veggies in this casserole, or just use up what you have on hand to clean out the fridge!
Easy Side Dishes to Go with Chicken Casserole:
Pair this easy chicken noodle casserole with these simple side dishes for a complete meal-
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Kale Power Salad
- 5 Minute Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Classic Garden Salad
You’re going to love this one, I just know it!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 12 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans, 10 oz each cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, 4 oz
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Progresso™ Bread Crumbs Garlic and Herb
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain 12 oz egg noodles as directed on package; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix 4 cups chopped cooked chicken, 2 cans (10 oz each) cream of chicken soup, 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz) and 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables. Add cooked noodles; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly in baking dish. Top with 1 cup Progresso™ Bread Crumbs Garlic and Herb. Lightly spray top with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is bubbly and heated through.
This casserole is freezer friendly! Just cover tightly and freeze before adding bread crumbs. To reheat, bake until bubbly in center, then add the bread crumbs, spray with cooking spray, and bake until topping is golden brown.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!