Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is a quick 30 minute dinner, with tender carrots, celery, juicy rotisserie chicken, and perfectly cooked egg noodles.
Rotisserie chicken is a must-have on your grocery list because it’s so easy to make into delicious easy meals! You could also make your own with this Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe.
It’s also on the cheap which means that you can use one chicken for multiple dinners.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This is a homemade chicken noodle soup made with store-bought egg noodles which makes it is SO easy! This is a simple version using fresh vegetables, cooked shredded chicken, and pre-made egg noodles for a delicious, comforting soup made in under 30 minutes. If you wish lower the salt amount, simply use low sodium chicken broth and omit the chicken bouillon. You may have to add some optional spices to make up for the missing flavor, different variations are listed below.
Ingredients for Chicken Noodle Soup
What’s in homemade chicken noodle soup? Here’s the list of ingredients you’ll need to make this soup on the stove top or crock pot. You can find the full list in the printable recipe below.
- Onion – yellow or white
- Spices – garlic powder, chicken bouillon, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Chicken Broth
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Egg Noodles – or make your own noodles from this recipe!
How to make Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- In a pot over medium heat, combine butter, chopped carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until soft and tender.
- Add the garlic powder, chicken bouillon, pepper, and thyme.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water, then add the chopped rotisserie chicken. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the egg noodles last, and cook on medium heat at a boil for 10 minutes, until noodles are tender. Add salt and/or pepper to taste.
What can I add to my Chicken Soup to give it flavor?
There are a lot of options here, but it’s important to remember that this is a mild flavored soup, you want the aromatic flavors of the fresh thyme, carrots, celery, onion and chicken to shine. You don’t want to overpower them with strong spices! Here are a few spices that complement the flavors nicely if you want more flavor in your soup.
- Bay leaf – add 1-2 leaves before cooking the noodles for added flavor.
- Poultry seasoning
- Sage – 1-2 leaves fresh, chopped
- Onion powder
- Additional chicken bouillon or salt
- Parsley – 1 teaspoon dried or fresh
- Lemon – juice and zest of up to 1 lemon for a lemony pop!
Do you pre cook noodles for chicken soup?
There is no need to pre-cook the noodles in this recipe. Simply add the noodles to the soup and cook as instructed in the recipe.
You can also make homemade noodles just like in Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup.
What to Serve with Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup is perfect for a cozy fall dinner or healthy winter meal. Here are some options of what to serve with your soup…
- 2 Ingredient Dough Garlic Breadsticks
- Butternut Squash Fall Salad
- Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
More ways to serve Rotisserie Chicken
Can you tell we like rotisserie chicken?? It’s so versatile and can be used for SO many meals! Here are a few of our family favorites.
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Sheet Pan BBQ Pizza
- Smoky White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- In a pot over medium heat melt butter, then add onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Add chicken, garlic, chicken bouillon, ground pepper, thyme, chicken broth, and water. Mix well.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then add the egg noodles. Simmer for 10 minutes, until noodles are tender and cooked through. Remove from heat and serve.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: