These 2 Ingredient Dough Garlic Breadsticks are the greatest thing since, well, sliced bread! Just two ingredients and a few minutes are all you need for a delicious breadstick.
If you’re following the Weight Watcher diet, you may have seen some recipes for the 2 ingredient dough floating around on the internets. My sister is on the diet and was telling me all about it, and after I saw how much weight she’s lost in just a month I decided it was time to join.
One great thing about the diet is that I can still eat all the foods I love, just with a focus on moderation. Each food is given a point value and you’re to stay within a point limit for the day. Things like bread are usually much higher in points, so this two ingredient dough recipe is great because it actually works out to just 1 point per breadstick!
Two Ingredient Dough Recipe:
You’ll need self rising flour and plain fat free greek yogurt to make the base of the dough. Once the dough is made you can add extras like seasoning on top, roll them into bagels and brush with egg whites, form into a pizza, etc. The possibilities are endless!
If you don’t have self rising flour, have no fear, it’s actually really simple to make!
How To Make Self Rising Flour:
- Combine 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Sift the ingredients together and you’re all set!
- You can double the amounts of each ingredient to make and double batch if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
The dough can be a little sticky when you’re working with it, so just add an extra tablespoon of flour to the dough when needed.
I pressed the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper then used a knife to cut out 8 breadsticks, which made them each 1.5 points per breadstick, or 3 points for two.
There is no rising time needed for these 2 ingredient dough garlic breadsticks! You can have these mixed up and ready to bake in less than 5 minutes!
You may be asking yourself… “Ok, so what do they taste like? What is the texture like?”
They taste AMAZING guys!!
I was seriously shocked at how good they tasted for just TWO ingredients (three if you could the garlic salt on top)!!
The key is to not over bake the dough. You’ll want a golden brown on the bottom, and a light golden brown on top. The insides are soft and fluffy with a delicious chewy texture, while the outside is crisp and salty.
These breadsticks are perfect for dipping into my Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup (zero points!!).
You’re going to be blown away at how delicious and EASY these garlic breadsticks are!
2 Ingredient Dough Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp self rising flour
- 1 cup non fat plain Greek Yogurt
- cooking spray
- Lowry's Garlic Salt*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl use a sturdy spoon or your dough hook to combine 1 cup of self rising flour and the greek yogurt until the dough begins to pull away from the sides. Sprinkle in extra flour if needed.
- Dust a piece of parchment paper with self rising flour and gently press the dough into a rectangle shape, about 10 inches long by 5 inches wide. Use a sharp knife to cut at least 8 breadsticks. Spray the tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with the garlic salt to your desired taste.
- Bake for 17 to 19 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden brown. Let cool slightly before enjoying!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: