Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a super quick and easy side dish that’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
You know how you’re always looking for the next BIG way to cook Brussels sprouts? … No? Just me?
Well I’ve got this amazing Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe that’s actually stupidly simple to make and takes less than 20 minutes! The perfect side dish for your next dinner!
A few years ago I planted brussels sprouts in my garden, with high expectations.
Unfortunately they didn’t do too well, and what did survive was eaten by some type of worms that I couldn’t get rid of. Did that stop my love of this tiny green vegetable? Nope!
Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables and I’ve passed that love down to my kids. Yes, even my kids love brussels sprouts. ESPECIALLY when I roast them with parmesan cheese!
If you’ve tried my Parmesan Roasted Asparagus you’ll know the magic of roasted vegetables. They become so addictive and almost candy-like!
Tips for Roasting Brussels Sprouts
There are a few key things to remember when roasting any type of vegetable:
- Cut the vegetables into even pieces to achieve similar texture. (although, having some variance in sizes can result in multiple textures and a different eating experience, so I guess this is up to your preference).
- Space vegetables out on the baking sheet. If you overcrowd your veggies they will STEAM, rather than ROAST and you won’t be happy with the end results.
- Don’t use too much oil. You want the vegetables to be lightly coated in oil… not dripping.
- Preheat your oven. Make sure your oven is to right temperature for at least 5 to 10 minutes before putting the veggies in. This will help to lightly sear the outside and get the insides soft.
I know you may be hesitant to try brussels sprouts, maybe you had a bad experience as a child?
I’m telling you, this Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe will change your mind about the tiny green cabbage-looking vegetable.
Go ahead! Give these a try for your next dinner!Print
Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These simple and easy Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts will change the way you think about the little green vegetable!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine brussels sprouts and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to coat. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until the cheese is melted and the brussels sprouts are lightly browned.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts, Side Dish Recipe, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!