These quick and easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are lightly seasoned, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and dusted with parmesan cheese.
I use my air fryer almost every single day. It’s become one of my go-to small appliances, and I’m convinced you need one too.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Don’t worry, if you don’t have an air fryer yet, you can still easily make this recipe in your oven, it just take a little longer. *I’ll give directions on how to do that in the recipe card below.
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need to make these Brussels Sprouts in the air fryer. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts – frozen Brussels sprouts won’t work for this recipe, so stick with fresh!
- Olive oil – avocado oil would work too
- Salt & Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – optional, but add great flavor!
- Parmesan Cheese
That’s it! That’s all you need to make this super easy and flavorful vegetable side dish. We’ve been making it non-stop in our house.
How To Make Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
This recipe is soooo simple, I almost didn’t share it here on the website. I made it several times on my Instagram stories and so many people requested the recipe that I figured I should share it here for all to see.
- Start by trimming the ends of the Brussels sprouts and cutting them in half. Remove any dirty or damaged leaves and discard those.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in oil and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper if using. Toss with parmesan cheese.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F for just 12 minutes and shake the basket half way through.
- When they’re done enjoy right away and top with a little more parmesan cheese.
Which Air Fryer Should I Get?
Surprisingly, this is a question I get asked A LOT. I’ve had an air fryer since 2019 and here are a few tips I can share with you when it comes to buying one…
- Capacity We have a 6 quart for a family of 7 and it’s almost too small. If you have a smaller family, you’ll be happy with the 6 quart.
- Wattage Take a look at how many watts the air fryer puts out. Try to get one between 1400 to 1700 watts, so it will heat up quickly.
- Size The air fryer is considered a small appliance, but it can definitely take up some room. I keep mine in my pantry and pull it out to the counter when I am using it.
- Settings Some air fryers have multiple settings, making it easier to use. I typically just use the air fryer button and manually control temperature and time, but some settings make it even easier to use.
- Price I’ve found the sweet spot for a good air fryer is between $50-$100. Keep an eye out for when they go on sale!
Here is the brand that I’ve found to be really good: Gourmia 6 quart Air Fryer. I’ve picked mine up at Costco for just $50! It’s a steal!
Tips For Air Fryer Veggies
The air fryer is a great tool for making roasted vegetables in a fraction of the time. Here are some tips and variations to get you started…
- Don’t over fill the basket – too much veggies will only increase the cook time and make them less crisp.
- Use oil sparingly – some oil is needed to give the veggies a nice crisp coating, but too much will result in a soggy mess.
- Switch up the seasonings – I’m keeping it super basic with just salt, pepper, crushed pepper and parmesan.
- Try adding in garlic powder, onion powder, finishing with lemon zest or a drizzle of balsamic glaze!
More Ways To Cook Brussels Sprouts
It’s no surprise that I love Brussels Sprouts! Here are a few more tasty ways to get these sprouts on the dinner table…
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts
- Potatoes, Sausages and Brussels Sprouts Dinner
- Curry Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I hope you enjoy this super easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe as much as we do!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Combine the halved Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place in air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F*(see notes). for 12 minutes, shaking the basket half way through. Cook until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: