These Creamy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are a quick and easy side dish that’s filled with cheesy goodness and loads of crispy bacon!
Creamy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
This recipe is actually quite simple to make, and easy to adapt with different ingredients. It’s also very Keto-diet friendly!
Ingredients Needed For Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Here is a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe. As always, you can find the handy printable list in the recipe box below!
- Bacon – I prefer a thick cut bacon
- Brussels Sprouts – look for similar sizes to make for even cooking throughout
- Heavy Cream – you can also use half and half for a less creamy version
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
How To Make Creamy Brussels Sprouts
The most time-intensive part of this recipe is going to be trimming and slicing the Brussels sprouts.
PRO TIP: When I’m preparing this side dish for a dinner, I’ll cut the Brussels sprouts ahead of time and cover them in the fridge until I’m ready to use them.
- Start by cooking the bacon in a large cast iron pan until it’s nice and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the the bacon and most of the bacon grease.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in the bacon grease and season with salt and pepper. Cook until they’re slightly charred, about 6 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Next, remove the Brussels sprouts to make the creamy alfredo-like sauce. Melt the butter in the pan and whisk in the flour.
- Gradually whisk in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese until it’s nice and creamy.
- Finally, add the Brussels sprouts and bacon back to the creamy sauce and then fold in the mozzarella cheese. Bake until nice and bubbly throughout.
Tips For Making Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Your family is going to LOVE this creamy and cheesy dish. Here are a few of my best tips and tricks to make it a success every time.
- Instead of baking in an oven safe skillet, you can transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- If gluten-free, try using a gluten free flour in place of all purpose flour.
- Reduce the calories of the dish by swapping out the heavy cream for half and half. (it won’t be as creamy, but still really good!)
- Try to find Brussels sprouts that are similar in size so the dish cooks evenly.
- I’ve had great success with reheating the dish covered with foil in the oven at 350 degrees F.
Best Brussels Sprouts Recipes-
Craving more Brussels Sprouts? I’ve got you covered with these outrageously delicious ways to prepare that tiny green vegetable!
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Honey Glazed Chicken Skillet with Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes
- Curry Roasted Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts Stuffing
I can’t wait for you to give this easy recipe a try!
Creamy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a large cast iron skillet until browned and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Remove and discard all but 2 to 3 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Add Brussels sprouts to bacon grease in pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook Brussels sprouts over medium-high heat until they are lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Remove Brussels Sprouts from pan to a plate (or baking dish if not using an oven safe pan). Melt the butter in the pan over medium heat and then whisk in the flour. Gradually whisk in the heavy cream until heated through, then stir in the parmesan cheese until melted and smooth.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and bacon back to the pan and stir to coat (or if using a baking dish, pour cream mixture over Brussels sprouts and bacon and stir to coat). Finish off with the mozzarella cheese and give it a quick stir.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the center of dish is bubbly and Brussels sprouts are tender. Enjoy right away.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: