This super easy Honey Glazed Chicken Skillet is filled with juicy chicken thighs, tender sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in an irresistible honey butter sauce. It’s an all-in-one dinner that’s sure to please!
I’m partnering once again with Land O’Lakes to bring you another delicious, quick and easy dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes and uses just ONE PAN! Doing a little happy dance over this one guys, it’s THAT good!
While I finish my little jig over here, let’s jump right in to this delectable dinner that’s completely customizable to your family’s taste. Let me show you how it’s done!
Ingredients for Honey Glazed Chicken Skillet:
- Chicken Thighs – I’m using boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but you could very easily substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts (see the recipe notes below for what to do).
- Italian Seasoning – just your typical herb blend here, but you could easily substitute in dried or fresh rosemary, thyme or oregano to taste.
- Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt – my go-to for quick dinners! It’s just sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt, making it easy to add richness and flavor to any dish!
- Honey – I bet real maple syrup would be a delicious alternative!
- Sweet Potatoes – make sure you cut them to a small bite-size cube so they cook evenly and quickly.
- Brussels Sprouts – my favorite fall/winter veggie! You could swap for fresh-cut green beans, broccoli or cauliflower!
- Garlic – minced garlic for an earthy balance.
How To Make Honey Glazed Chicken Recipe:
- You’ll start by seasoning the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Melt some Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in an oven-safe skillet, then stir in honey. Once it’s nice and bubbly, add the chicken thighs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet to a dish and keep warm.
- Add a little more Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and honey to the skillet, then toss in diced sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts along with some garlic. Season to taste and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the potatoes and Brussels sprouts and then pop in the oven for just 15 minutes to finish cooking.
Do I Need An Oven Safe Skillet?
This recipe works GREAT with an oven-safe skillet (cast-iron is my personal preference) because you’ll only have one pan to clean when dinner is over. BUT if you have not invested in an oven-safe skillet yet, you can simply transfer the ingredients to a casserole dish and finish cooking in the oven.
What To Serve with Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs?
What’s great about this ONE-SKILLET MEAL is that it’s a whole meal prepared in one pan! You’ve got your chicken for protein, sweet potatoes for starch and Brussels sprouts for a vegetable!
If you’re still looking for something to pair with this meal, I would suggest a side garden salad or my Strawberry Spinach Salad.
More One Skillet Meals:
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken Pot Pie Biscuit Skillet
- Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- One Skillet Pork and Rice
Your family is going to LOVE this super easy dinner!
Honey Glazed Chicken Skillet
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, divided
- 3 tbsp honey, divided
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into small bite-size pieces
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning (or more to taste).
- Melt 2 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in 2 tbsp honey until mixture is bubbly. Place the chicken in the skillet and sear on both sides, 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown on outsides. Remove chicken to a dish and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and 1 tbsp honey to the skillet and stir until combined. Toss in the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts and garlic and stir to coat, letting cook for about 5 minutes. Season with the remaining salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the sweet potatoes in the skillet and then pop in the oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: