I’m seriously obsessed with making one skillet dinners right now.
This Chicken Caprese Skillet recipe is just one of the MANY one skillet dinners that are coming your way. Be prepared.
A few weeks ago my sister and I were talking on the phone and she was putting in her requests for recipes she wanted me to make. I was telling her about my obsession with skillet dinners, and she said she wanted something with the flavors of caprese.
Mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar… oh yeah baby.
I was actually planning on making a caprese pasta skillet (I’ll probably still make that one in the future), but she had something with a little less carbs in mind.
I know it’s end of summer and fresh tomatoes and basil are near the end of their prime, but I couldn’t let the summer pass without making this.
You shouldn’t let it pass without making this either!
All you need is one skillet and just a handful of ingredients. So simple and so so delicious!
So funny thing about the basil… I sent my husband to the store to buy some for me and he came back with the largest package of basil you could imagine.
I set it aside and didn’t even look at it. But when I opened the package to use it for this recipe, 90% of the basil was bad. UGH!
Don’t you hate that!?
I didn’t have time to set up my garden this spring, so I couldn’t grow my own this year, but next spring you know it’s happening!
Don’t wait, make this recipe! It’s super quick and you’re definitely going to love it!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Chicken Caprese Skillet
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs Blend
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 mozzarella cheese, thick slices (fresh)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, sliced thin
- 2 to 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, good quality
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the Italian Herbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small dish and sprinkle on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Heat a large, oven safe, skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes on each side, then carefully place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 20 minutes).
- Remove skillet from oven and place the thick slices of mozzarella on each chicken breast. Scatter the tomatoes around the chicken in the skillet. Return the skillet to the oven and turn on the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Use a spoon to scoop up the tomatoes and place on top of the cheese and then top with the fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
Oh yum! This is just like a recipe you shared earlier this week from The Novice Chef. I made it – super good.
the lovely kitchen
This recipe is a perfect way for me to use up the WAY too many cherry tomatoes and basil in my garden!! (Seriously, it’s overflowing!) I need all the tomato basil recipes I can get – I’ll be definitely trying this one out!!
Oh my goodness…this was fabulous! Okay, so I added some fresh mushrooms….but WOW, this dish was gone by my boys and my husband asked what Restaurant I went to for takeout! HA
Thank you for the wonderful recipes.
The mushrooms sound like a great addition! I’m so glad you guys enjoyed it Wanda! 🙂
How long did the mushrooms need to be cooked, and what kind of mushrooms? Sounds delicious!
This sounds amazing. I’m making it tonight! Thanks!