This one pan Mexican Chicken Taco Skillet has become an instant family favorite around here! Filled with tender chicken and fluffy rice, corn, tomatoes and piled high with all the taco toppings plus some crunchy nacho cheese tortilla chips, this is one dinner you’ll make over and over again!
My family is O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with this one skillet dinner! So am I!
It’s another one skillet dinner to the rescue!
You all went nuts over my Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet, so I went ahead and made a chicken version that is out of this world good!
I used chicken thighs, but chicken breast would work equally as good.
The flavors coming out of this one skillet dish are just incredible. I think it has something to do with cooking the rice right in the skillet with the chicken and taco seasonings. It basically absorbs all the goodness and makes this dish flavor packed.
You know I can’t have anything Mexican related without going crazy on the taco toppings.
Can I tell you something fun? Those cherry tomatoes are from my garden!
Woohoo for fresh produce from the garden! I love cherry tomatoes. They’re like summer candy.
What totally makes this skillet dinner are the crunchy nacho cheese doritos served along side.
Hence – Chicken TACO Skillet.
You can serve them underneath the chicken and rice mixture or use the chips to dip/scoop up the goodness. Either way, it’s super addictive!
Oh yes, we are totally obsessed with this dinner.
In fact, my kids have already asked for this several times over!
Of course I’m happy to make it because: 1. less dishes and 2. it’s SO GOOD!Print
Chicken Taco Skillet
Filled with tender chicken and fluffy rice, corn, tomatoes and piled high with all the taco toppings plus some crunchy nacho cheese tortilla chips, this Chicken Taco Skillet is one dinner you’ll make over and over again!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11oz) can Mexicorn – (corn and pepper blend), drained
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice (I use Jasmine)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz. shredded colby jack cheese
- Nacho Cheese flavored Dorito chips
- sour cream, tomatoes, diced avocado, black olives, cilantro, etc.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the onion and chicken pieces in the oil until the chicken is browned and the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes (undrained), mexicorn, white rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes (or until rice is cooked through), stirring halfway.
- Top with cheese and cover for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from heat and top with Nacho Cheese Doritos and additional taco toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: chicken, taco, one skillet, cheesy, corn spicy, corn chips