This Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet is filled with fluffy and fragrant lemon rice and juicy chicken breasts all made in just one pan!
I love to pair this easy chicken dinner recipe with steamed broccoli or parmesan roasted green beans for a complete meal.
Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet
Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet is a one skillet dinner that my whole family loves. The chicken is super tender and the rice is light, fluffy and has a delightful lemon fragrance to it!
I’m all about those easy dinners, and since it’s officially Spring weather, I’m loving all things lemon!
Who am I kidding, I love lemon all times of the year. I especially love it when an easy, one skillet dinner comes together this quickly!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this Lemon Chicken and Rice Skillet. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – you can also use chicken thighs if desired
- Garlic Powder
- Rice – I prefer Jasmine rice, but any long grain rice will work
- Chicken Stock
How To Make Lemon Chicken with Rice
SEASON CHICKEN Start out with 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, but you can also use chicken thighs for that tender dark meat. Season both sides of the chicken with garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley.
SEAR THE CHICKEN Add a little butter and olive oil to a hot skillet and sear the chicken on both sides until it’s golden brown, but not cooked all the way through. The butter will give it a nice and nutty flavor and the smell will be heavenly!
Once the chicken is seared, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
ADD THE RICE To the hot skillet, add the rice, chicken broth and a little bit of lemon juice. Stir it around and be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get those browned bits. That’s where all the lovely flavor is!
RETURN THE CHICKEN Finally, place the chicken breasts back on top of the rice, cover and let cook until the rice is nice and fluffy.
My kids absolutely LOVED this dish.
My husband couldn’t get over how flavorful the rice was, and I am always happy when dinner only takes one pan getting dirty!
more easy chicken skillet dinner ideas:
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken – quickly a fan favorite
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Skillet – all the flavors of BBQ without the grill
- One Skillet Greek Chicken – this one uses a fun pasta
- Chicken and Stuffing Skillet – the combination of flavors in this one is unreal
- Mexican Chicken Taco Skillet – turn taco Tuesday into something new and fun
With the weather warming up, it’s always nice to have a handful of easy dinner ideas that don’t require too much effort.
I’m sure you’re going to love this Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet as much as we did.
Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, or boneless chicken thighs, pounded to an even thickness
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked (I use Jasmine)
- 2 ¼ cup chicken stock, or broth
- 1 tsp lemon zest + 3 tbsp lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1 tsp parsley, dried or 1 tbsp freshly chopped
- 1 lemon, (whole)cut into slices for garnish
- Heat a large skillet (with lid) over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. *make sure chicken breast is pounded to an even thickness for best cooking results.
- Add the olive oil and butter to the skillet and cook chicken until browned, but not cooked all the way through (about 2 minutes per side). Remove chicken from skillet to a plate nearby.
- Add the rice, chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley to the skillet over medium heat and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the pan. Let rice come to a small boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture, cover with lid and let cook an additional 20 to 22 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff rice with fork.
- Garnish the chicken with lemon slices and extra parsley if desired. Enjoy right away!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!