This Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet is a super quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
I’m all about those easy dinners, and since it’s officially Spring weather, I’m loving all things lemon! Who am I kidding, I love lemon all times of the year. I especially love it when an easy, one skillet dinner comes together this quickly!
I started out with 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, but you can also use chicken thighs for that tender dark meat.
I used butter to sear the chicken, which I think gave it a nice and nutty flavor when the butter started to brown. The smell was just heavenly!
Once the chicken is cooked all you have to do is remove it from the skillet, add the rice, chicken broth and a little bit of lemon juice. Stir it around and be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get those browned bits. That’s where all the lovely flavor is!
Then just place the chicken back on top of the rice, cover and let it cook until the rice is nice and fluffy.
My kids absolutely LOVED this dish. My husband couldn’t get over how flavorful the rice was, and I am always happy when dinner only takes one pan getting dirty!
If you’re looking for more easy chicken skillet dinner ideas, try these ones:
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken – quickly a fan favorite
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Skillet – all the flavors of BBQ without the grill
- One Skillet Greek Chicken – this one uses a fun pasta
- Chicken and Stuffing Skillet – the combination of flavors in this one is unreal
- Mexican Chicken Taco Skillet – turn taco Tuesday into something new and fun
With the weather warming up, it’s always nice to have a handful of easy dinner ideas that don’t require too much effort. I’m sure you’re going to love this Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet as much as we did.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet
Recipe adapted slightly from Creme de la Crumb
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or boneless chicken thighs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup uncooked white rice, I use Jasmine
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp lemon zest + 3 tbsp lemon juice (from one lemon)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 whole lemon, cut into slices for garnish
- Heat a large skillet (with lid) over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley.
- Add the butter to the skillet and cook chicken in hot butter until browned, but not cooked all the way through (about 2 minutes per side). Remove chicken from skillet to a plate nearby.
- Add the rice, chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley to the skillet over medium heat and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the pan. Let rice come to a small boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture, cover with lid and let cook an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish the chicken with lemon slices and extra parsley if desired. Enjoy right away!
Keywords: lemon, chicken, rice, skillet, stove top, easy, quick
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!