Brighten up dinner time with these 6 ingredient, one skillet, Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts!
I love summertime!!!
Last night I spent 2 hours picking peaches in my backyard. When we first lived in Utah (11 years ago) our little house had a peach tree in the backyard. I loved all the fresh peaches we got from it. Now that we are back, our new house has two peach trees and right now they are filled to the brim with peaches.
Most of the peaches aren’t ready yet, but I was able to pick three large bowlfuls last night. I think I’ll try to can some of them this time!
What I really wish we had in our backyard was a lemon tree.
We already have chickens in our backyard… sooooo…. KIDDING!!
I don’t think I could ever eat our chickens. They are just over 4 months old now and still not laying eggs yet. From what I’ve read they start laying eggs between 6 and 8 months. We can’t wait!
So this lemon butter chicken is simply amazing, guys! It’s a super quick and easy dinner recipe that only uses one skillet.
The chicken is seasoned with a little lemon pepper and then seared in a skillet full of hot butter. I found the recipe on BHG’s website and am sharing what I did to brighten it up even more (hint: basil) on their Delish Dish blog.
Seriously though, you guys need this dinner recipe in your summer line-up. It’s amazing!
Check out the post HERE!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, 1-1/2 pounds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons basil leaves, fresh
- cooked rice, Hot (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and salt. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture. Sprinkle chicken breasts with lemon pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook the chicken breasts in the hot butter, half at a time, over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown and no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet. Add lemon slices to skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Return all of the chicken to the skillet, overlapping chicken breasts slightly.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken breasts. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until pan juices are slightly reduced. Serve chicken, lemon slices, basil and pan juices over hot cooked rice or pilaf, if desired.
So yummy, i love it, thanks for sharing
Thanks pal you are making us mad…up on seeing this…i feel great.
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen
Yes, yes, yes to lemon, butter and chicken breasts. Looks delish!
Thanks my dear! 🙂
We cook a lot of chicken. I’ll have to try this sometime. Looks yummy.
Oh yes, this is a great weeknight dinner, you’ll love it! 🙂
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel
Love this easy weeknight meal!
Thanks Hayley! 🙂