Parmesan Roasted Asparagus is the perfect way to prepare those gorgeous green spears this season!
I took my favorite Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and switched out the spuds for some gorgeous green spears. The best part was that it was such a simple side dish, it was ready in less than 15 minutes!
And I may or may not have devoured the entire tray all by myself…
Ok, not the whole tray… just 80% of it.
I can’t help but fall in love with Spring time more and more every year. It’s because I find all sorts of new ways to enjoy fresh produce like asparagus. My kids love asparagus too, so it’s really a no brainer for us.
This asparagus was actually the first thing I cooked in my new wall oven! I still don’t have a kitchen sink though, so I cleverly made this side dish with as few dishes as possible. I just combined all the ingredients in a zip close bag, shook it up and roasted it on my baking sheet. If you cover your baking sheet with tinfoil, there are virtually no dishes to clean up!
Ummm… can you guys agree with me that those little browned parmesan crispies are like the best thing ever?
Some things to think about when making this delicious side dish:
- If you don’t mind doing the extra dishes, you can definitely use a bowl to toss your asparagus in.
- Spread out your asparagus to give them room so they roast evenly
- Enjoy the asparagus right away for ultimate taste and texture
- If you’re trying to avoid gluten, simply omit the breadcrumbs
You’re seriously going to love (and devour) this simple side dish!
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, fresh (trimmed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine asparagus and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to coat. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 7 to 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the asparagus is still slightly crisp-tender.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!!