These Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are quickly tossed in olive oil and seasonings then baked till crisp on the outside.
We love pairing these oven roasted potatoes with any sort of juicy steak or my oven baked chicken breast.
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes Recipe
These Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are so delicious because they taste like crispy little french fry nuggets covered in parmesan cheese.
Sometimes finding a good side dish to go with your meal can be difficult. I’m probably super old school in the fact that I think a dinner plate needs to consist of a main dish, a vegetable, and a starch. One of my favorite starches is a potato.
They are so extremely versatile, that I always make sure to have a big bag on hand.
Ingredients Needed To Make Roasted Red Potatoes
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious recipe. As always, you can find the full printable recipe in the recipe card below.
- Baby Red or Gold Potatoes – try using potatoes that are similar in size for even cooking
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese – you can use the canned stuff in a pinch
You can use either baby red potatoes or baby gold potatoes. This post has been updated with newer images, but as you can see in the original post I used gold potatoes and the new pictures are red potatoes.
I like these little gold potatoes because they’re so small. I cut these guys into quarters, but if you’re using larger potatoes just make sure your wedges are all roughly the same size, this will help to make sure all of your potatoes are cooked evenly.
How To Roast Potatoes In The Oven
My favorite thing about this recipe is how easy it is.
- After you cut all your potatoes place them in a large zip close bag and add a little olive oil.
- Then shake the bag to coat the potato wedges.
- Toss in some breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, a little salt and some grated parmesan cheese.
- Shake, shake, shake.
- Once the potatoes are evenly coated with the mixture lay them out on a lightly greased baking sheet and they’re ready for the oven.
Obviously you don’t need to use a plastic bag, you can also coat the potatoes in a large bowl.
How Long To Roast Potatoes
As long as you’re using a smaller potato, these tasty little nuggets will cook super fast.
You’ll want to use a very hot oven (425 degrees F) to give the outside of the potatoes a nice crisp edge, while keeping the insides nice and fluffy.
PRO TIP: Make sure to toss the potatoes about half way through to make sure they get a nice even crispness.
These tasty little tater wedges come out crispy and perfect every time.
More Roasted Veggies To Try
- Try these Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Everyone loves my Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Mix it up with this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Substitute in broccoli or carrots for the veggies in the above recipes
Watch Video On How To Make Roasted Potatoes:
So easy and delicious!
Can You Make Roasted Potatoes In The Air Fryer?
YES!! These are fantastic in the air fryer. I actually wrote a whole blog post on how to do it.
Check out my Air Fryer Roasted Potato Recipe here.
I love the golden brown crunch that these Parmesan Roasted Potatoes get around the outside.
It’s completely irresistible.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound baby red or gold potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Combine cut potatoes and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake to evenly coat again. Place the potatoes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring the potatoes at least once half way through. The potatoes should be golden brown and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!!