Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is a quick and easy side dish vegetable that is constantly requested in our house.Parmesan Roasted Broccoli has quickly become one of my new favorite ways to eat broccoli. It’s crazy how addictive this broccoli is!
If you haven’t tried any of my other parmesan roasted vegetables before, than you’re missing out. I’ve got you covered with Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus and even Potatoes. But now you’re in for a real treat with this broccoli!
I think what I love the most about these side dishes is that there is virtually no dirty dishes to clean up! Toss all the ingredients in a disposable bag, line a baking sheet with foil, and voila! You’re off the hook for dishes!
Now, if you’re concerned about using plastic bags, then by all means, go ahead and mix this up in a bowl.
Over the years I’ve received a few questions that come along with these roasted vegetable side dishes, so I’ll go ahead and address them right here.
Tips for How to Roast Broccoli:
- “Can I use frozen broccoli in place of fresh?” – In order to get the best results, stick with fresh. If you have to use frozen, roast them longer until the moisture has been released.
- “Do I have to use breadcrumbs?” – You can skip the breadcrumbs if you’re trying to avoid gluten, try replacing them with crushed pork rinds!
- “Can I use the canned parmesan cheese instead of the shredded parmesan?” – This recipe works best with the shredded parmesan (freshly shredded is best).
There’s something magical happened when I baked broccoli at high temperatures. The outsides get a beautiful crispiness to them, while the insides remain tender and delicious.
My kids and I absolutely adore this method of cooking.
Pair this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with any dish you’re sure to have a happy family… and happy tummy!
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 6 to 7 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Combine the broccoli and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to coat. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake to coat. Use your hands to rub the bag and help the coating to stick to the broccoli.
- Spread the broccoli in an even layer on the baking sheet, picking up any coating that's on the bottom and dispersing it over the broccoli as needed. Bake for 12 minutes, then stir and flip the broccoli, bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp-tender. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: