If you’re looking for a super cute and easy treat to make this Easter, you definitely need to make these Easter Bunny Cream Cheese Danish!
I know some bunny is going to love these! 😉
I’ve always been a huge fan of cream cheese danishes, and these ones do not disappoint.
All you need are 6 simple ingredients to whip up these adorable and tasty danishes!
I used the always convenient Pillsbury crescent rolls to construct my bunnies. The crescents are perfect for making flakey layers that melt in your mouth!
The cream cheese middle is lightly sweetened and oh-so creamy! The danish isn’t overly sweet, but you could definitely add a nice powdered sugar drizzle over the top to sweetened them up even more.
Shaping the bunnies is super fun and they can take any shape you like. I used leftover crescent dough to make a swirled bunny tail on each side of the bunnies, and they turned out to be one of my favorite parts! They’re light and flakey and super delicious.
Just before adding the eyes and nose, brush the whole thing with a lightly beaten egg white so they get a gorgeous golden brown color when baked.
I simply used two mini chocolate chips for the eyes and a heart shaped sprinkle for the nose.
Um… how adorable are these?!?! And seriously… so delicious!
I’m pretty sure I need to make every holiday symbol into a cream cheese danish from now on.
I created this popular recipe for Pillsbury, and you can find the step-by-step photos RIGHT HERE.Print
Easter Bunny Cream Cheese Danish
Easter Bunny Cream Cheese Danish is a super cute and easy treat to make for Easter!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 7 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 14 miniature semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
- 7 pink heart-shaped candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- Unroll 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls onto work surface, leaving 1 square with 2 triangles rolled up tight. Set roll aside for later.
- In medium bowl, beat 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 egg yolk until smooth and creamy. Place egg white in separate small bowl; beat with whisk until slightly frothy.
- To make 1 bunny, separate 1 square of dough into 2 triangles. On cookie sheet, arrange triangles on top of each other with short sides together and long points at top opposite each other.
- Fold top points over slightly to make bunny ears. Gently pinch middle sides of dough inward to make neck of bunny.
- Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture just below neck in small circle to look like bunny’s fluffy tummy.
- Pull bottom corners of dough triangles up over cream cheese mixture to resemble feet.
- Cut roll of dough into 7 slices. Gently pinch and press 1 slice into side of bunny’s tummy to resemble a fluffy tail.
- Lightly brush dough with beaten egg white. Arrange 2 miniature semisweet chocolate chips for eyes and 1 pink heart-shaped candy sprinkle for nose. Repeat to make 6 more bunnies.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Get the full instructions HERE
Keywords: Easter Bunney, cream cheese, crescent roll dough