These Lemon Cream Cheese Pinwheels are a breakfast treat I genuinely adore.
They’re bright and cheery, and remind me of spring time. The fresh scent of lemon mixing with buttery pastry dough is enough to wake even the most tired from their slumber and make them come running to the kitchen.
What’s even better is the fact that these delicious little pastries take only minutes to whip up. So you’ll be enjoying a fresh baked breakfast treat in no time at all!
I used lemon curd and a sweetened cream cheese mixture to fill these Pillsbury crescent rolls. I love lemon curd – it’s a tamed down version of lemons in a spreadable form. You can find it near all the other jellies and jams at your grocery store.
So if you’re in the mood for some Spring time and a beautiful breakfast treat, then you’ll want to jump on over to Pillsbury to check out this wonderfully easy recipe!
Mmm… look at all those buttery, flakey layers!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Lemon Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 can, 12 oz Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Big & Flaky refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 oz half 8-oz package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
For the Icing:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Pinch perforations to seal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave cream cheese on High 30 seconds. Stir in granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth. Divide cream cheese mixture among rectangles; spread in thin layer to within 1/4 inch of 1 long edge of each rectangle. Divide lemon curd among rectangles; gently spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Starting with opposite long side of clean edge, roll up each rectangle into long tube, pinching clean edge closed. Cut each tube into 4 equal slices. Place slices cut side up and 1 inch apart in pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until top is golden brown. Meanwhile, beat Icing ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over warm rolls.