Did you know that today is National Cereal Day?!
Yup, sure is!
Seeing that I have four children, you can bet that cereal is a big thing in our house. We love it here. So when the good guys at General Mills sent me some cereal and a few fun things to celebrate the big day, I was excited.
I’ve had this idea for these Pot o’ Gold Marshmallow Pops brewing in my head for a few months.
Last Christmas I was watching a tv special on the Food Network about some chef’s favorite things to prepare for the holidays. This one chef (his name escapes me right now), shared the most simple thing ever. Chocolate covered Cheerios.
He raved about how awesome, and addictive they were, so I knew I had to make them.
Insert some yellow chocolate melts and a big box of Cheerios…
Hello Leprechaun Gold!
So simple and easy, right?! And seriously- it’s SOO addictive.
It’s the perfect way to celebrate don’t you think? Well, that and a big bowl of Lucky Charms! 😉
Plop a little bit of gold on top of a black chocolate coated marshmallow on a stick and you have yourself a festive treat that kids and leprechauns alike will go nuts for.
Mmm… I love a chocolate coated marshmallow!
Pot o’ Gold Marshmallow Pops
- 1 cup black Chocolate Melts, I used Wilton brand
- 1 cup yellow Chocolate Melts, Wilton brand here too
- 1 1/2 cups Cheerios
- 10 large Marshmallows
- 10 sucker sticks
- Black gel icing tube
- Melt the yellow chocolates in a bowl according to package instructions. Stir in the Cheerios, coat completely. Pour onto a wax paper lined baking sheet, separate into little clumps that are small enough to place on top of a marshmallow. Let cool completely.
- Melt the black chocolates in a coffee mug according to package instructions. Stick a sucker stick in the bottom of each marshmallow, dip in the black chocolates and tap off any excess. Place a small clump of Cheerios on top of each coated marshmallow. Push the bottom of the sucker sticks into a brick of styrofoam to dry.
- Once completely dry decorate with the black gel icing as desired.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
disclaimer: General Mills provided me with cereal and cool party supplies for my own use, I was not required to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.