This Chicken and Stuffing Skillet is a complete meal in one pan! Tender chicken with fluffy stuffing and fresh green beans make this a family dinner that will be requested over and over again!
This is probably one of my newest favorite ONE SKILLET dinners!
I was walking through the isles of the grocery store with my husband, looking for items to take with us on a camping trip when I happened to walk by the boxes of stuffing mix.
I stopped and starred at these boxes while my husband just kept walking by.
All of a sudden, in the middle of summer, I had a craving for stuffing and Fall flavors.
I knew I needed to make this stuffing into a complete meal with some chicken and green beans so I grabbed the box and tossed it in the cart.
My husband looked at me with a questionable look on his face.
“Don’t worry, I have an idea for a new one-skillet dinner!”
And this my friends, is how a lot of my recipe inspiration comes to me… while I meander down the isles of my local grocery store.
This dinner turned out even better than I could have imagined.
The chicken gets pan seared in a hot skillet before being placed in the oven to finish cooking. The chicken is placed on a plate to keep warm, while the green beans and stuffing are quickly cooked in the same skillet. Finally the chicken is nestled back into the skillet on top of the stuffing until it cooks through.
The whole meal comes together in less than 30 minutes!
And of course, because I can’t have stuffing without gravy, I whipped up a package of chicken gravy to go on top. Completely optional, but highly recommended. If you do make the gravy, then that’s two pans to clean, but it’s totally worth it!
I can’t wait to make this delicious dinner again!
Chicken and Stuffing Skillet
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In an oven safe skillet with a lid, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in skillet skin side down first for 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned, then flip for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Place skillet in oven for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Carefully remove skillet from oven and return to medium heat. Remove chicken from the skillet to a plate to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and toss in the green beans and chicken broth. Bring to a slight boil and cook beans for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the stuffing mix and nestle the chicken thighs into the stuffing. Cover and remove from heat for 5 minutes. Fluff the stuffing and serve!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW