This Gooey Chex Mix is brought to you by General Mills Cereal and is a family snack-time favorite!
Crispy Rice Chex, Honey Nut Cheerios and Golden Grahams are combined with flaked coconut, sliced almonds and an ooey-gooey coating to make this treat irresistible!
With it being back to school season, I thought it would be fun to partner with one of my favorite brands, General Mills Cereals, to bring you this fun recipe!
My kids always come home from a long day of school and the last thing they want to do is sit down to do their homework.
With a little sweet treat break, my kids are happy and ready to focus again!
I’ve been a long time fan of the Big G cereals. They’re the only ones you’ll find in my pantry.
But what I love most about them, is how dedicated General Mills Cereals is to making their cereals better for us! Now, more than 90% of General Mills cereal recipes do not have artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources. Cinnamon toast crunch uses real cinnamon, Cocoa Puffs & Reese’s Puffs use real cocoa, and Honey Nut Cheerios uses real honey for flavor.
For color, Trix and Fruity Cheerios use extract from blueberries, purple carrots, and turmeric!
Not to mention the fact that they’ve paved the way for gluten free cereals. So yeah, they’re pretty awesome in my book.
That’s why I’m absolutely in love with this Gooey Chex Mix! It’s filled with my favorite cereals, coconut and almonds! The gooey butter mixture coats the party mix and makes it impossible to stop at just one bite.
I usually reserve this recipe for the holidays, but I think “Going Back To School” deserves something special, don’t you?
The fact that it just takes a few minutes to assemble (children can get in on the help-action too), you’ll be finding a reason to make this every week!
It’s crazy to me how this mix is gooey, yet the cereal stays crunchy!
Quite possibly the 8th wonder of the world.
How do you celebrate Back To School Season with your kids?
Gooey Chex Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 4 cup Golden Grahams
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup almonds, slivered or sliced
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine the Rice Chex, Honey Nut Cheerios, Golden Grahams, coconut and almonds in a large bowl.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Combine the butter, corn syrup and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until dissolved completely and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour butter mixture over cereal and use a large spoon to stir and coat evenly. Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Let cool. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!