If this Maple Peach Tart is the last thing I eat on Earth, I will be totally happy.
It’s that good. I swear. I am so over the moon about this recipe because the flavor is insane and it’s incredibly easy to make. You don’t really have to do any “real” baking here…just some mixing, a little slicing and a little sprinkling.
I used frozen puffed pastry for the crust because semi-homemade desserts are amazing. We don’t all have time to make our own dough even though we would love to. I had to wake up at 5:30am just to make this dessert before my sweet baby girl woke up – I have to say…it was well worth it!
So, frozen puffed pastry is one of those store-bought items that you want on hand, kind of like your favorite jarred pasta sauce – it makes everything so much easier but tastes homemade!
Just beware that when you bake it, it will PUFF up. It’s not called puffed pastry for nothin’. Simply let it cool and lightly press it down to flatten a bit so you can spread the creamy whipped cream all over it.
Yes, creamy whipped cream! Just a little heavy whipping, cream cheese, vanilla and maple syrup adds the most delightful layer of creaminess to this tart. This stuff is to die for! It’s silky and light and goes so well with the peaches.
It’s a great overall dessert dip for fruit, graham crackers or even on top of pie. Definitely a keeper!
You could totally devour this tart without the sprinkle of cinnamon and thyme, but I do suggest you add it for color and for flavor. Cinnamon…I mean come on. Cinnamon and peaches is everything. And the thyme? Yes, it may seem a little odd, but I like the earthy flavor it brings to the sweetness of the peaches, plus it’s a nice garnish.
You have to make this – you will love it!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Maple Peach Tart
- ½ pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional - I simply like vanilla in all desserts
- 1 sheet puffed pastry, thawed
- 2 Peaches, thinly sliced
- Ground cinnamon
- Dried thyme, fresh would work, too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Gently place puffed pastry sheet on the baking sheet and prick with a fork to prevent bubbling. Bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry is slightly golden on the edges. Remove and let cool completely. (The pastry will puff up - you may need to gently flatten once cooled before spreading the cream cheese whipped cream.)
- While the pastry is baking and cooling, whip the heavy whipping cream on high-speed in a stand-alone mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or with a hand-held mixer until soft peaks form - careful to not over-whip. Once whipped, place in a bowl and put in the refrigerator.
- Next, add the room temperature cream cheese and maple syrup to your mixer bowl (hand-held mixer works too) and whip until smooth, only a few seconds. Then add the whipped cream and mix on low until incorporated. Taste for sweetness - add more maple syrup if you would like, but mix on low-speed to not over-whip the whipping cream.
- Once pastry has cooled, spread the whipped cream mixture on top then add sliced peaches. You can drizzle with more maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon and thyme. Place in refrigerator to cool slightly then serve immediately. This will keep overnight, but the pastry may be slightly soggy. I suggest serving it sooner rather than later.
I love the addition of thyme and that maple! Sounds pretty perfect!
am in love with this tart <3