Oh my goodness! This cake… it’s a masterpiece.
The name… well, Peaches and Cream Dump Cake is not the most glorious of names, but true to all “dump” cakes, this one is super easy and truly delicious!
There are a few reasons why I love dump cakes.
First of all, they’re crazy easy. No mixing needed! You just pile the ingredients into your cake pan and pop it in the oven!
Secondly – I love that I don’t have to make a frosting! Don’t get me wrong, I love frosting. But whenever I am asked to bring a dessert to a party or gathering, these dump cakes are first on my list of things to bring.
Now… this Peaches and Cream version is just PERFECT for those late summer BBQ’s.
It’s peach season!!
Peaches are at their peak, and using a handful of fresh peaches in a dump cake is just the smartest thing you could do.
We have two peach trees in our backyard so I am going through peach recipes like no one’s business. I LOVE IT!
So let’s talk about those glorious, brown sugar coated, cream cheese nuggets that I’ve added straight on top of my fresh peaches… OMG. It’s heaven.
Once all the cream cheese is added, sprinkle on a box of yellow cake mix and top it all with tiny pats of butter.
Then… because, why not, let’s add a nice layer of brown sugar…
The brown sugar and butter melt together and caramelize beautifully on top of the tender peaches and tiny bits of cream cheese.
The cake mix forms a cobbler-like crust on top, which is seriously to-die for!
Take this cake to a BBQ and just watch it disappear. Seriously!
Check out the little bits of cream cheese next to those peaches!
It’s sweet and creamy and just all around dreamy.
Oh man, I am rhyming now…
What’s great about this cake is that it’s delicious both cold and warm. So if you have to make it ahead of time to take to a party you’re golden!
If you want it warm… you need to try it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Come to mama!
Seriously, you need to grab some peaches and make this! Stat!Print
Peaches and Cream Dump Cake
Peaches and Cream Dump Cake is super easy and truly delicious! Everyone loves it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- 6 to 7 large peaches, cut into slices
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, cut into small cubes (about 24)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 yellow cake mix (vanilla or white will work too)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13in dish with cooking spray.
- Add the peaches to the dish in an even layer.
- Roll each of the cream cheese cubes in the brown sugar to coat and scatter evenly among the peaches.
- Sprinkle the cake mix (only the powder, do not prepare cake mix) over the top of the peaches and cream cheese in an even layer. Spread the butter slices evenly over the top, then sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar (use more if needed).
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the center is slightly bubbling. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If peaches are not in season, substitute with canned peaches! Use 2 (15oz) cans of peaches in light syrup. Drain most of the juices before adding to the pan.
- Serving Size: 12
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Challenge Dairy. Find more great recipes using Challenge Dairy HERE! All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible.