This from-scratch Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake is so easy and delicious, you’ll be making it over and over again!
I’m just going to come right out and admit it…
I’m not a huge fan of raspberries. GASP!!
It’s the small seeds that get stuck in my teeth that make me shy away from anything with raspberries in it.
I love the flavor, but those seeds… argh!
So when I stumbled across this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens that uses seedless raspberry preserves swirled into a moist cream cheese coffee cake…
Well, you better believe I made it! In fact, I made it twice! 🙂
Why did I not know about seedless raspberry preserves? I’m in love.
This cake was so deliciously moist and had just the perfect amount of sweetness from the raspberries.
I loved swirling the preserves all around the cake. How pretty is that?!
The cake bakes up in just 30 minutes and then it’s ready to slice in to!
What I love most about this cake is that it’s served warm with just a dusting of powdered sugar. You don’t have to wait for the cake to cool and then make a frosting to go on top. It’s simple, elegant and perfect for a quick weeknight dessert or family get-together!
If you’re not a fan of raspberries, you could substitute the raspberry preserves for strawberry or blueberry… or just about any type of preserve or jam you want!
Don’t forget to serve it with a few fresh berries on the side!Print
Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake
Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake is made from scratch, has swirls of raspberry, and is served warm with a dust of powdered sugar on top!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Sifted powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add half of the flour, the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat for about 2 minutes or until well mixed. Beat in remaining flour on low speed until well mixed.
- Spread batter evenly in a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Spoon preserves in 8 to 10 portions on top of batter. With a knife, swirl preserves into batter to marble.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Sift powdered sugar atop. Cut into squares; serve warm. Garnish with fresh mint and raspberries, if desired.
Keywords: cream cheese, raspberry, coffee cake,