Last month I took a trip with several other food bloggers to Virginia to visit the Sabra Hummus Factory and eat our weight in hummus.
Ok, not really my whole weight, but close enough. The last day we were there we got to go on an incredible white water river rafting trip. At the end of the river we had these delicious quinoa bowls that were filled with all sorts of veggies, and of course… hummus! I could not stop thinking about it, so I made my own version to share with you!
These Cilantro Lime Quinoa Bowls with Hummus Vinaigrette are so easy to throw together, you’ll be making them at least once a week!
The trip to Virginia was really fun.
One of the perks of being a food blogger is being flown all sorts of new places and be educated on all things food. With the Sabra trip we learned about the history of the Sabra company, their goals and passions, and also got a sneak peek at some of their new flavors of hummus that will be hitting the shelves soon!
I tried both of these new flavors… home run!
After we spent some time in the boardroom learning all about the company, we got to go behind the scenes and take a look at their factory!
Of course we couldn’t enter without wearing the proper gear.
I always feel silly putting on all the protection needed to go into these factory tours. But at least I’m surrounded by friends, who have to wear the same thing!
I was able to see the passion and love that everyone at Sabra puts into their production.
There is a lot of care to make sure only the best products make it through.
After the factory tour we feasted on all the varieties of hummus Sabra has to offer. There are currently 13 different flavors (Basil Pesto, Tuscan Herb, Roasted Red Pepper, Classic, Olive Tapenade, Pine Nut, Spinach & Artichoke, Sun Dried Tomato, Roasted Garlic, Supremely Spicy, Lemon, Chipotle and Jalapeño) and they come in 9 different sizes.
Perfect for all your party needs! 🙂
Or salad making needs…
I took the Classic flavored hummus and made a super simple, creamy vinaigrette that goes perfectly with these Quinoa bowls!
I bet it would taste great with other flavors of their hummus as well!
To plump up my Quinoa bowls even more, I mixed up a quick spice rub for some chicken breasts. I grilled them up and then diced up the chicken to go on top of my quinoa bowls.
There is just the right amount of spice to the chicken to pair perfectly with the tangy hummus vinaigrette.
Because I love hummus so much, I even added a nice dollop right into my salad.
Did you know it’s recommended to get two full tablespoons of hummus per day? So there ya go!
Hummus for all!
I’m certain you’re going to love this super simple weeknight dinner!
It’s perfect for those summer nights that you just don’t want to turn on the oven.
I love mixing it all together after I’ve drizzled on my dressing. I may even drizzle on more dressing after that… it’s so good!
This salad is so great guys. Even my kids loved this!
You’ll love it, I just know it.
Cilantro Lime Quinoa Bowls with Hummus Vinaigrette
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lime juice, whole
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 black beans, 15oz can, rinsed and drained
- 2 large avocados, sliced
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Classic Sabra Hummus
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir the juice of one lime and 2 tablespoons of cilantro into the quinoa and set aside.
For the Chicken:
- Heat the grill to medium high and brush the grates with the olive oil.
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and then rub each chicken breast with the spice mix. Grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove from grill to a plate and cover loosely with tin foil. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before dicing.
For the Hummus Vinaigrette:
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
Assemble the salad:
- Divide the quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and chicken into 4 separate bowls. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro then drizzle the hummus dressing over the top. If desired, serve with an additional tablespoon of hummus on top of each salad. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Sabra. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.