Thai Chicken Pasta Salad is cool, creamy and absolutely perfect for summer BBQ’s!
Thai Chicken Pasta Salad is filled with the cool and crisp veggies in a creamy and zippy sauce. My whole family loved this one!
If you’re a fan of ramen noodles you are going to love this salad. I found this recipe for the pasta salad on Better Homes and Gardens and at first I thought it looked like a warm pasta recipe. After digging deeper into the recipe I discovered it is actually served cold.
I could not be happier with this pasta salad!
First off, it was super easy to make. The recipe calls for shredded rotisserie chicken, which I think is awesome. If you don’t want to splurge on a precooked chicken, you can also used grilled chicken breast.
Oooh! What if you threw in some shrimp! That would be fantastic!
The salad is loaded with crisp cucumbers and crunchy red bell pepper strips. The sauce is a blend of creamy peanut butter with coconut milk and a dash of cayenne pepper for a surprise punch of heat.
You definitely need to give this flavorful pasta salad a try at your next gathering.
Don’t forget the lime wedges!
Thai Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 deli-roasted chicken, 2 1/4 pound
- 4 cups water
- 2 ramen noodles, 3 ounce packages
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, reduced-fat
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, snipped fresh
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small seedless cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Cut chicken into strips. In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling. Break up each package of noodles (discard seasoning packets or save for another use). Add ramen noodles to boiling water. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper until smooth. Add chicken, cucumber, red bell pepper and green onions to peanut butter mixture; stir to coat.
- Drain noodles; rinse with cold water and drain. In a large bowl combine chicken mixture and noodles; toss to combine. Sprinkle with the chopped roasted peanuts and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
disclaimer: this post is in partnership with Better Homes and Gardens’ blog Delish Dish. All thoughts and opinions are my own.