I’m sort of obsessed with these Gooey Raspberry Coffee Cake Bars.
They have a little bit of everything that I love in a dessert- Gooey Cake, Raspberries, White Chocolate, and a delicious Brown Sugar Coffee Crumb topping.
I figured it was about time to make a bar with some fruit inside, cause that’s healthier… right?! 😉
I scored an awesome deal on a couple packages of frozen raspberries the other day, and they were just begging to be put into a decadent dessert like this. Brilliant decision. The raspberries added the perfect balance of tartness to these soft and gooey bars.
I can’t decide which part I like more… the tender crust, the fruity filling, or the crumbly brown sugar topping.
They all go so perfectly together. 🙂
These bars go quickly, so you might want to make a double batch.
Gooey Raspberry Coffee Cake Bars
- 1 cake mix, just the mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cold (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, egg and melted butter with a sturdy wooden spoon until it becomes a soft dough. Use half of the dough for the crust, and press it into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spread the raspberries and white chocolate chips evenly over the crust. Drizzle with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Use the remaining half of the crust to cover the raspberry filling, as best you can. (separate the dough into small disk shapes and lay on top of the raspberries)
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the topping. Use your hands to squish the topping together, until it becomes a crumbly, coarse mixture. Sprinkle on top of the cake bars.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is only slightly jiggly. Let cool completely before lifting the cake bars out of the pan. Cut into squares. The bars should still have a gooey texture to them. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy these: